• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRI Riser/Extendo Rails?

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    Has anyone used the PRI riser rails? Looking at this one:

I've got an optic in 1.125" height rings that I want to leave in to use on a hunting rifle a month out of the year but otherwise live on an SPR. Figure this may be a decent solution to swap with two nuts vs having to remount an optic. They have a 3 bolt version too but it's not available in 20MOA which I'd prefer.

Any issues from those who have used them? I'm not interested in feedback on other brands unless they are at least the quality of PRI. If someone knows of a better riser and has experience with it I'd like to here, but these are all I found other than the thumbscrew chicom junk that doesn't extend over the forend which I need as well.

I have the three hole (I think, might be two hole 0 MOA?) sitting in a parts box downstairs. Used it flipped backwards to get some height under a short eye relief optic I had on one of my small frames. No real complaints, if it meets your specs there’s nothing wrong with it.

I did at the same time have a KAC riser that was better constructed, but finished worse.

I have the three hole (I think, might be two hole 0 MOA?) sitting in a parts box downstairs. Used it flipped backwards to get some height under a short eye relief optic I had on one of my small frames. No real complaints, if it meets your specs there’s nothing wrong with it.

I did at the same time have a KAC riser that was better constructed, but finished worse.

Does it have built in recoil lugs? I can't find any pics of the under side of them or mention of lugs. I know the YHM one doesn't, I had one of them and it sucked hard.

I found a couple pics of the PRI on rifles and the 2 hole has a lot of overhang. I think I'd actually go with the 3 hole for more rigidity and sacrifice the 20moa.

I’ve used similar rails for extra height. As long as its torqued down good there is no issue.

Does it have built in recoil lugs? I can't find any pics of the under side of them or mention of lugs. I know the YHM one doesn't, I had one of them and it sucked hard.

I found a couple pics of the PRI on rifles and the 2 hole has a lot of overhang. I think I'd actually go with the 3 hole for more rigidity and sacrifice the 20moa.
    On my three hole it doesn’t have any recoil lugs, it’s just using the three cross screws to achieve that.