• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Price check Powder Valley before ordering!

mac37

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2008
Portland, Oregon
<span style="color: #3333FF">This is not a Powder Valley is "bad" post. It is just a reminder to "check your prices" before you order post.
</span>
I just got burned by not price checking Powder Valley! I got lazy and just assumed they had the best prices on all my reloading needs. Don't make my mistake! PRICE CHECK! Powder Valley will not adjust the prices after the order is processed. Here is an example:
<a href="http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=257&dir=278|284|316
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">BR2 Primers $32</a>
Powder Valley is selling them for $44. I would have saved over $150 on my last order (even with the higher shipping)... but I didn't shop around. Again, don't make my mistake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I’m sorry John. We can not go back and revise pricing on orders. We don’t price match on individual items. We normally will price match on a total delivered order provided we have everything in hand to review before the order is placed. I am also more than a little surprised that their price is less than ours. In addition, I am sure Wideners shipping is much, much more than what we charge. It wouldn’t surprise me if their shipping is between $50.00 and $70.00 compared to our $19.95.

Thanks

Powder Valley
800-227-4299</div></div>

Re: Price check Powder Valley before ordering!

I agree with always check your pricing. However noted upon reading this thread... I did just go through my particular recent order item by item $1050 35# of powder and 12K in primers. PV pricing was less by a significant margin than Wideners and a couple other vendors hands down including the hazmat fee and shipping.

if websites aren't updating their prices is not really your fault.

i just ordered some stuff from them and i didnt like that they never tell you the shipping at all, just that it will be added, REALLY WTF

Just bought some powder & primers from Wideners who was cheaper.

The differenc betwixt Powder Valley & Wideners >$80.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kylongshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just ordered some stuff from them and i didnt like that they never tell you the shipping at all, just that it will be added, REALLY WTF</div></div>

Thats why I don't shop there.

I've never had issues with their shipping. They have an email if you wish to ask questions tho.

$80 difference betwixt vendors is a pretty good give-away for me tho.

3 kegs of powder & 5K primers

What's the consensus on best prices on primers / powder? It's been so damn long since I've had to order any. Aren't there some places that will wave hazmat if order is over so much?

For Varget and Russian primers, Wideners has the best price that I find

I buy from PV, but I find it disappointing that you can't set up a customer account (WTF?)...

I also have a dealer account at Grafs, and they don't tell you shipping, either (BUT, at least there's an account to see your order history).

When you're paying actual shipping costs, there's no way the vendor can tell you what it's gonna be...

It's the cheapest and best deal for sure, but you are left wondering what it's gonna cost until you see the charge on the card...

it said my package was 34lbs and the charge was only $16 so i was pretty happy with that. I ordered 15lbs of powder and 7k primers and i save about $150 from what i can buy it locally and thats including the hazmat fee!

hell the fgmm primers here are 42.99 and PV had them for 30