• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Price Drop - CVA Paramount 45 caliber muzzleloader (sold), Blackhorn 209 (so;d) and more(sold)!

erikc641

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2017
Las Cruces, NM
Regrettably I have to sell this. NM changed its rule for scopes and my eyes are unable to shoot irons. I originally purchased this from BPI on 11/23/2021 and have shot it exactly 34 times with Blackhorn 209 only. This gun has been awesome since day one, barrel is perfectly free floated, and stock torqued to 55 in/lbs. I have had zero blowback issues with it and no bullet fit problems. I have shot the Powerbelt 285 grain ELR exclusively with 100 and 105 grains by weight of Blackhorn 209 with phenomenal accuracy, repeatability and reliability. 100 grains of Blackhorn 209 produced sub moa results (see below), below 10 SD for 3 shots and velocity of 2,394 ft/s. On 11/6/2022 I harvested my first mule deer buck ever with this gun at 177 yards and it didn't go a single step. I have everything this originally shipped with including the box, manual, and the following:

CVA Paramount 45 cal muzzleloader
CVA 45 cal muzzle brake and original thread protector
20 moa base
All LOP spacers (currently installed)
Tool in floorplate
Magnetic variflame tool
Variflame adapters (10) and tools
RCBS shell holder to load variflame adapters on a press or hand tool
3 CVA pouches
Collapsible ramrod
Cleaning rod with jag, 45 cal brush, and mop.
Pipe cleaners, breech plug pick and brush
Breech plug wrench
Carbon fiber powder funnel
20 loading tubes, 3 quick load tubes (the ones with bullet holder)
3 full boxes (45 total) of 285 grain Powerbelt ELR bullets
1 box 285 grain Powerbelt ELR (12 count)
12 Parker 300 grain 45 caliber bullets (never even tried these)
Original Quake Claw sling

I will ship all of this for $1100 OBO, CONUS ONLY. Preferred payment is Paypal friends and family but will accept personal or cashier checks as well. I will not ship until payment is received or check is cleared (approximately 24 hours). Feel free to ask questions.

I also have 5 - 10 ounce containers of unopened Blackhorn 209, all the same lot. I will not ship, must pick up in person or meet a reasonable distance from the Las Cruces, NM/El Paso, TX area. I am also travelling to Los Angeles mid January and could do face to face along the way possibly (Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma, etc.) $400. I would also consider a face to face sale of the muzzleloader as well.

Thank you for looking. If you are interested in a combination of what is listed but not all of it, please ask. I am sure something can be worked out (muzzleloader must be part of the deal though).

Last edited:
That muzzlebrake is from CVA?

It looks like it has some form of a set screw on the side, never seen one like that?

That muzzlebrake is from CVA?

It looks like it has some form of a set screw on the side, never seen one like that?

Yes it is this one and specifically for the Paramount. It threads on and is secured in place with the set screw (tightens around the muzzle threads). Hasn't come loose, helps with recoil tremendously and hasn't caused any accuracy issues.

Last edited:
Man I am jealous I was an early adopter and bought my Paramount at release. It flat out wears out your shoulder with no break.

GLWS