• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Price for new Zeiss/Heny 3.5-26x56mm scope

ChrisF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2002
New Zealand
Just got the german price on the new Zeiss 3,5-26x scope that takes the CR123 battery and was 1st seen at this yrs Shot show .

Its 3685 Euros or $4531 USD at todays prices , hell thats expensive , and more than the rumoured price .

Later Chris

Re: Price for new Zeiss/Heny 3.5-26x56mm scope

Surely NOT!!!

How come everything is going up excessively!! except for my PAY!!!

Might as well wait for a Hensoldt 3.5-26x56mm SSG-P for $6500. What's another $2k?

Dagum that's overkill. I have no doubt that it's amazing to look through, but I doubt it gives me a bigger hard-on than my 5-25x S&B...

What reticles they offering?

Its due to be available in Nov , reticle maybe the one shown at shot show , I would like the option of a CW direction knobs & with out the MTC feature .

I did not know they are doing a SSG-P version ?

Later Chris

There is not much data on the flyer ,

Dimensions 370 x 95 x 85 mm
weight 1,300 g
Elevation 400cm/100m ( 360cm on knob )
Wind + or - 100cm/100m
Para 50m to infinite
eye relief 90mm
Feild of view at 1000m 100.9 - 13.8m
Exit pupil 16-2.15mm

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911GunNut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy cow! That's a lot of cash for an optic. </div></div>
Intended customer base is most likey military and government, not Sniper's Hide. The 3-12x SSG-P was not made in large numbers and was very expensive at the time.

Tipping the scale at 1,300 grams? I don't see a whole lot of advantages over other high-end existing optics for the civilian user or military user for that matter?

I'll have to at least try one.....
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbransco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tipping the scale at 1,300 grams? I don't see a whole lot of advantages to this scope for the civilian user or military user for that matter? </div></div>
How about taking a 308 to a mile.

The price is actually almost double the current price for the SSG-P .

I would like not to have the MTC on the knobs & CW turn as well

ChrisF, I was joking that they'd come out with a SSG-P or SAM version because what's a couple grand more when you're already spending that much. I just picked up a 4-16x NH1 and <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> was already painful! I'm not surprised the price is that much. The current top of Hensoldts are almost $3700 retail. I think they'd cut their own leg off if for $300 more, you could combine a 3-12, 4-16, and 6-24 Hensoldt with a single unit with ridiculous elevation adjustment.

Poor Hakan, I wonder if Spuhr will come out with a mount for this beast.

I can't wait to get one! My 4-16 is my favorite glass I've owned. I'm sure this thing will be amazing if they ever release it.

The below prices are german prices converted into USD , today rates .

3,5-26x56mm ZF $ 4531 ( available in Nov 2012 )
SSG-P $2370
Spotter60 $3288
3-12x56mm FF $2348
4-16x56mm FF $2527

P.S. All the above are FFP .

These are the prices you guys should be paying or less .

Later Chris

then you should be buying straight from Germany , and not even bothering with the US shops .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
then you should be buying straight from Germany , and not even bothering with the US shops .

Later Chris </div></div>

Link for those prices and who to order from?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The below prices are german prices converted into USD , today rates .

SSG-P $2370
Spotter60 $3288
3-12x56mm FF $2348
4-16x56mm FF $2527

Later Chris </div></div>

Do you have any idea where in Germany I could get a Spotter 60 for $3288? Will be flying through Germany and could possibly pick one up.

I shot a friend brand new heny 4-16 with NH1 reticule yesterday, it made my SS 5-20 look like garbage, these hendsoldt are unbelievable.
well worth every penny but it didn't make make shoot any better though.

If they are around the $4500 mark I would pay up $750 more than some of the 5-25 S&B's for one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jong</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The below prices are german prices converted into USD , today rates .

SSG-P $2370
Spotter60 $3288
3-12x56mm FF $2348
4-16x56mm FF $2527

Later Chris </div></div>

Do you have any idea where in Germany I could get a Spotter 60 for $3288? Will be flying through Germany and could possibly pick one up. </div></div>

Do these prices included VAT? I know back in the day that Zeiss and H&K used to offer great incentives to military folk stationed in Germany. With those incentives and not having to pay VAT you could get a lot of items nearly half of what it would cost in Europe and 2/3s less for what they where going for in USA.

The prices I posted are a few days old , and they are with out German Tax .

Later Chris

P.S. I donot know what price the new 3,5 will sell for in USA , I do know that Zeiss rep said 4k USD at Shot show .

Just do a search for Zeiss or heny , iamges or product and you will see places in germany .

You may have to pay full price IF in Germany , and claim back the Tax on departure from Germany , if that makes sense , not sure IF the shop can sell minus the tax to someone inside germany .

German price with Tax ( VAT ) .

3,5-26x 4385 Euro
SSG-P 2294
3-12x FF 2263
4-16x FF 2447
Spotter60 3183

Later Chris

I can see Zeiss , shutting down this source for US buyers , as its in their interest to do so , just like MAP etc .

Donot expect it to last long IF at all ,

Just remember on to those prices is shipping , so you can add approx 100-120 Euro for that , as thats what they are charging me .

Realise I donot live in the US , I live in New Zealand .

Later Chris

Wow $2527 for a 4-16x56mm! That's about 15% less than the USED price in the US. The 4-16 FFL mildots are about $3500 advertised in the US.

Is there some sort of stupid importation tax? I assume if you bought one from out of country, it's considered a gray market item and carries no warranty through the US distributor if work was required. This is how a lot of electronics companies deal with folks buying things out of country at a lower price.

Germany has a 19% VAT ( Tax ) , donot know what taxes you pay in the US on import , maybe none .

According to the German price you guys should be able to buy a Spotter60 at around $3288 USD , end of story , but I see them listed at $5000 , a bit of a difference .

Later Chris

The issue with the price differences is that if you live in a country without a reseller network for that brand, you should be able to get it direct from Germany. But, if you're in the States, for example, which has a well established reseller network, I don't think they'll let you buy direct and will point you to your local reseller.

Yeap , maybe NOT , I think their is a NZ agent for Zeiss ( as they advertise in NZ magazines etc ) , and I am buying a Zeiss scope from a shop in Germany .

Later Chris

I will likely make mounts for it.
Got couple of requests already.
Most likely with 18mils/61,8 moa tilt.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Just do a search for Zeiss or heny , iamges or product and you will see places in germany .

You may have to pay full price IF in Germany , and claim back the Tax on departure from Germany , if that makes sense , not sure IF the shop can sell minus the tax to someone inside germany .

German price with Tax ( VAT ) .

3,5-26x 4385 Euro
SSG-P 2294
3-12x FF 2263
4-16x FF 2447
Spotter60 3183

Later Chris </div></div>

You pay full price at the shop (incl VAT). The shop has to fill out a VAT tax return formular. Hand over the formular to customs and get VAT refundet at departure: ( remember to do this before you go through the security check at the airport..) I ask for a tax return formular in any shop in Germany/Austria.

i-e-a.de has Henny in stock. Spotter 60 at 2571 Euros without VAT.

Be sure to check the export regulations before attempting anything like this, or you may be up to a rather rude awakening when you file your VAT return claim. Not sure about spotters, but tactical scopes can't just be sent across the pond without export paperwork, neither way. And of course that paperwork isn't free and it takes time and effort. Dealers aren't just ripping people off by charging more than the sales price in the country of origin minus VAT.

Most other countries are not concenred about rifle scopes , they are conderned over tanks , planes , bombs etc , as they should be in the real world .
Also , some countries IF needed the export docs are free , they are in NZ & Aussie , the US charge a exoberdent amount , But other countries nothing , Opps .

My price for my spotter is as listed , plus 120 for courier delivery , as I stated , nothing more or less .

I started this thread just to inform people of the release date mainly of the new 3.5x26x56mm scope .

Later Chris