• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Price of a used Tikka Supervarmint

Jester8

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2006
Bis. No.Dak.
Have an uncle who is debating on selling his Tikka Supervarmint in 22-250. The rifle has maybe 75 rounds through it. He bought it in 2007. I've seen prices all over the interwebs from $800 to 2199.00. Does anyone know of a fair value for these rifles? I've shot it (worked up a load for him) and it is very accurate.

It's a very nice rifle, although it could benefit from a different stock. Pissin' in the wind here, and would like to know some other opinions since the price varies so much. Thanks.

I'm not to sure you'll find anybody dumb enough to pay $2199 for it or even remotely close. For that money you can gut a T3 lite have a gunsmith install a better barrel in a more appropriate twist and get either a manners stock with CDI bottom metal or a KRG chassis.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $800 for one in a caliber I desired. Your best bet would probably be to put it on gunbroker as a buy it now and start high and work your way down. It may take a while to sell especially if he wants a premium.

< $600. Varmint 22-250 are still being sold so it sort of eats away the rarity. Folks are hunting for super varmints in 260, 6.55, 308 since there are so few in the US.

Isn't the SuperVarmint only a scope rail and adjustable cheek piece over the Varmint? I wouldn't pay more than $800 for one in perfect condition.

Purchased a like new Tikka T3 CTR Scout (20 inch Heavy Barrel) a few weeks ago with 50 rounds down it for $825... I'm just sayin

Ok thanks guys. I did see ranges from 650 all the way up to 2199 (which I thought was ridiculous too). I told him to just keep the rifle and give it to his son when he gets older. Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.