• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Price on Lake City Match/LR Brass?

balkandom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2009
NW Arkansas
Hey folks,

I have about 3 5-gallon buckets of this deprimed and cleaned (In steel media), I don't think I will use that much in the rest of my natural lifetime. What's a fair price to ask for it per thousand?

I welcome any feedback, and HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY!

Regards,

Mike

Re: Price on Lake City Match/LR Brass?

I recently paid 85.00 shipped for 500 pcs. Seemed like a heck of a deal to me.

So Mike, are you going to be selling some?

It's many different years, and yes, it's .308. I'll probably be selling at least a bucket of it, however many rounds that equates to.

If you have a good digital scale weigh out 100 cases and then count how many are in bucket and do the math. I used to know how many fit in a 50 cal can but CRS strikes again. Wanting to say 800 but that may be way off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hummer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have a good digital scale weigh out 100 cases and then count how many are in bucket and do the math. I used to know how many fit in a 50 cal can but CRS strikes again. Wanting to say 800 but that may be way off. </div></div>

You're pretty close Hummer, I've got a can with 750 FC cases that could hold a few more.....

A bucket full could be 1500-2000 depending on how they are packed in there. You say different years, do you mean different years of match brass or just that it's mixed LC stuff with some match in there?

Well, if you decide to sell some let me know I'm interested as long as it is 1X fired. I'm just a little hesitant about buying brass processed by an unknown entity (no offense). LC brass is the best stuff I've used for my semi so far so I try not to pass it up when I can find it.

It's not processed. I knocked out the primers with a Lee decapper then tumbled them in steel media. I don't like resizing then cleaning. It's all 1x fired, I'm just looking for a decent consensus price.

Yeah, it's more attractive to me if I get to size it in *my* die for *my* rifle's chamber. Decapped really doesn't equal processed, so ignore those prices somewhat.

"Seat of the pants" has me wanting to say a dime apiece ($50 per 500/$100 per thousand) for otherwise raw brass-not sized or trimmed or anything. But my pricing might be stuck in the days when the M1A ruled the HP ranges and no one wanted to have to crank *that much* more wind to put a mousegun's bullet into the X-ring.

Since they don't issue military ammo at the Leg Matches any more, I do have to ask whether modern LR and Match 7.62 ammo has a crimped primer pocket. I can handle removing it but the task sucks. The "premium" for removing primer crimps from ball ammo brass goes down by half with LC Match, AFIC, because the cost of processing the other stuff is a bit overpriced.

I have 4000+ pieces of M118LR (no crimp and all fired in sniper rifles) $170/1000(I count generous) +$15.00 shipping/1000 sorry 1000 is all that will fit in a USPS flat rate box