• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primal Rights Exclusive TS Customs RimX Rifles - Availability & Testing

orkan

Primal Rights, Inc.
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2008
    South Dakota, USA
    www.primalrights.com
    Primal Rights Exclusive TS Customs RimX Rifles
    This thread will be used to announce availability and post testing results of the most recent TS Customs RimX turn-key rifle packages offered exclusively by Primal Rights, Inc.

As a rifle becomes available, we'll upload a new post consisting of rifle pictures, spec lists, as well as any accuracy/precision reports we have for the rifle. Prospective customers may purchase a rifle at any time they wish during the testing process. We'll tag each post with "testing complete" at the bottom when we do not intend to work with the rifle any further, though if you've seen enough to make your decision, you can call us anytime to inquire about its purchase. Rough pricing will be indicated with each rifle, though final price will depend upon many variables that will need to be discussed over the phone before final pricing can be determined. Extra mags, lot testing, ammunition, shipping, and many other variables can greatly affect the final price. As a result, no pricing information will be discussed outside of phone inquiries.

Specific pictures and tests with certain conditions/ammo types may be requested, and the original post will be updated with those requests as time allows. Customers may send test lots of their ammo to be tested in a rifle of their choice. (Only SK, lapua, eley, RWS, re-brands of those, and select others will be allowed.) If there's anything specific you want to know or see regarding a rifle, you can simply request it and we will do our best to accommodate. Certain accessories and optics may be provided with the rifle upon request. Due to the vast array of options, this will need to be discussed via phone.

It is our intention to provide the most elite RimX rifle systems available anywhere, with the most transparent sales process to accompany them. We want you to know exactly what you're looking at from a fit/finish standpoint as well as examples of each rifles precision/accuracy capabilities. This first post will serve as a FAQ which we will update periodically.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

TS Customs RimX #179 -
    Availability: Sold

Zermatt Arms RimX 22lr action, Right hand, 30moa rail
    26" Benchmark barrel, 22LR Primal 1.5° chamber, MTU contour, 1:16.5 twist, 3-groove, EC Tuner
    McMillan A6 Molded-In McWoody, sniper fill, flush cups front/rear & left/right. Custom inlet by TS Customs for action, barrel, Hawkins Precision bottom metal, Mlok rail, and TS Customs cheek hardware. Action masterfully bedded with custom pillars.
    Triggertech Diamond Pro-curve trigger
    1 Magazine
    (bipod, mlok picatinny section, optic, rings - not included)

0YOIkufh.jpg

fp7F9R9h.jpg

AuwdHJyh.jpg

RjiK16gh.jpg

NDowVZqh.jpg

o2kB9bGh.jpg

Current round count - 100
    Failure to Feed - 0
    Failure to Fire - 0
    Failure to Extract - 0
    Failure to Eject - 0

Accuracy/Precision Examples -

Lapua Polar Biathlon
    y68Lbwwh.jpg

RWS R50
    rOhrl5ll.jpg

Last edited:
    Wow! my dream rifle.I have triggertech 1st stage on mine and I LOVE it.That is an startlingy impressive group weeWWh!

Cool setup.

Just curious, is there any way to mount aperture sights instead of a tuner on the barrel and is there any way to single load, say with a special single shot tray type magazine that would allow the round to be dropped on the loading tray and then picked up into the special fixed extractor?

Reactions: Sixgunjeff
    Cool setup.

Just curious, is there any way to mount aperture sights instead of a tuner on the barrel and is there any way to single load, say with a special single shot tray type magazine that would allow the round to be dropped on the loading tray and then picked up into the special fixed extractor?
    Clamp-on /bloop tube style apertures could be installed, and we are presently in design phase of a single shot load tray.

Reactions: CoolJJ
    How does the tuner work out at various ranges? Or is it set for one specific range and then have to re-adjust?
    Many different schools of thought there... with no definitive certainty as to who is right.

My personal opinion is once I set my tuner for a specific lot of ammo... I don't touch it until I run out of that ammo.

Reactions: Quickoz
    Many different schools of thought there... with no definitive certainty as to who is right.

My personal opinion is once I set my tuner for a specific lot of ammo... I don't touch it until I run out of that ammo.

Orkan, with that being said which is what I would hope for, do you see your groups open up at distance quite drastically as opposed to what you see at 50yrds with your tuner dialed in at 50yrds? I know a lot of other variables come into play at longer distance with a .22lr that can affect accuracy.

What is the weight of this rifle?
    14lbs 3 oz. with one magazine inserted. (without optic or bipod attached)
    That rifle is now SPF.

Orkan, with that being said which is what I would hope for, do you see your groups open up at distance quite drastically as opposed to what you see at 50yrds with your tuner dialed in at 50yrds? I know a lot of other variables come into play at longer distance with a .22lr that can affect accuracy.
    I have not seen a drastic change in group size at distance. On our youtube channel and instagram page you can see the primary RimX I worked with this summer being shot at longer ranges and producing tiny groups just as it did at 50yds. No tuner settings were changed for those videos.

Reactions: Jevaughn0823
    @Jory45acp I've begun work with your rifle and the initial results are promising. Here's some pics of the first few rounds through it. Conditions were horrific, -10°f -30°f wind chill... swirly winds and absolutely insane mirage. Yet the rifle is showing some first class potential. It shows a liking toward a specific lot number of RWS R50 which I've reserved 2 cases of for you. For it to be shooting some little bug holes this early on with 50 rounds through it... would indicate it is really going to be a shooter when paired with the proper lot number and the tuner set in. Please give me a call at your leisure so we might discuss the next steps.

SxMK1PJh.jpg

94WOp1Gm.jpg

1v8YrJ6m.jpg

Greg, it looks fantastic!! I'll call you on Monday.

The EC tuner is unusual and interesting for rimfire in that instead of being clamped like most other rimfire tuners it is threaded in place.

In the video it is said to be turned out one turn without anything further on setting it. If that's a random setting, is there any information available on how much the EC tuner shrinks groups when adjusted to its best setting? How much does the tuner itself weigh and how many "clicks" are there in its range of movement?

The EC tuner is unusual and interesting for rimfire in that instead of being clamped like most other rimfire tuners it is threaded in place.

In the video it is said to be turned out one turn without anything further on setting it. If that's a random setting, is there any information available on how much the EC tuner shrinks groups when adjusted to its best setting? How much does the tuner itself weigh and how many "clicks" are there in its range of movement?
    On youtube Eric Cortina's channel has several short videos going over his tuner, how to use, set it, etc. The specs are also listed on the one video as well his web page for ordering. When I was in the early stages of discussing my build I decided to go with Mike Ezell's PDT tuner on my rifle as seen above. I made my decision based on talking with him personally, he's incredibly intelligent. My tuner is also threaded in place on the barrel. From Greg's first pics it looks like it has real potential.

Lefty's Rejoice!! This post is all about you!
    Call 605-554-1911 to purchase or to discuss details.
    Once they are gone, they are gone. Lefty's will only be built on a custom order basis from here on.

TS Customs RimX Left Hand .17 HMR - $4,750
    20" Lilja 4-groove, 9 twist, threaded 1/2x28 w/cap. Light Magnum contour.
    McMillan A3A Edge (carbon fiber), Flush cups left/right front/rear.
    Spacer system recoil pad.
    Full length Mlok rail in forearm.
    Molded-in custom woodland carbon ambush.
    Custom inlet by TS Customs for action, bottom metal, barrel channel, and TS Customs cheek piece hardware.
    World Class TS Customs bedding job.
    Hawkins Precision bottom metal
    Triggertech Special trigger, Pro-curve shoe.

b92Q7Dnh.jpg

-------------------------------------

TS Customs RimX Left Hand .22LR - $4,750
    26" Benchmark 3-groove, 16.5 twist, 22LR Primal 1.5° chamber, target crown. MTU Contour.
    McMillan A6 (sniper fill), Flush cups left/right front/rear.
    Molded-in Marble, Black/white/gray
    Custom inlet by TS Customs for action, bottom metal, barrel channel, and TS Customs cheek piece hardware.
    World class TS Customs bedding job.
    Triggertech Diamond trigger, Pro-curve shoe.

EhfcFPNh.jpg

26" Benchmark 3-groove, 16.5 twist, 22LR Primal 1.5° chamber, target crown. MTU Contour.
    McMillan A10 (sniper fill), Flush cups left/right front/rear.
    Molded-in McMillan camo
    Full length ARCA rail on forearm.

DPCI87Lh.jpg

McMillan A5 (sniper fill), Flush cups left/right front/rear.
    Molded-in McWoody

HuKjbJBh.jpg

• Love
    Reactions: Defender32
    ^^ a lefty can dream..... 🤔

I wish I had the ability to 'invest' in one of these.

Pics and prices?

TS Customs RimX .17 HMR - $4,750
    Molded-in custom woodland carbon ambush.

Ee4Bi2Wh.jpg

TS Customs RimX .17 HMR - $4,750
    Molded-in custom arctic carbon ambush.

tuPB0Gjh.jpg

TS Customs RimX .22LR - $4,750
    McMillan A6 (sniper fill), Flush cups left/right front/rear.
    Molded-in McMillan camo

aZ51Kvdh.jpg

TS Customs RimX .22LR - $5,000
    30" Benchmark 3-groove, 16.5 twist, 22LR Primal 1.5° chamber, target crown. MTU Contour. EC Tuner
    Molded-in Marble black/white/gray

g6lcMIbh.jpg

24" Benchmark 3-groove, 16.5 twist, 22LR Primal 1.5° chamber, threaded 1/2x28 w/cap. M24 Contour.
    Molded-in GAP camo

gCEjbWjh.jpg

26" Benchmark 3-groove, 16.5 twist, 22LR Primal 1.5° chamber, target crown. M24 Contour.
    Molded-in GAP camo

3tssFxih.jpg

TS Customs RimX .22LR Barreled Action - $2,750
    24" Benchmark 3-groove, 16.5 twist, 22LR Primal 1.5° chamber, target crown. MTU Contour. EC Tuner
    One RimX 22lr Magazine

NDphY44h.jpg

TS Customs RimX .22LR Barreled Action - $2,500
    16" Benchmark 3-groove, 16.5 twist, 22LR Primal 1.5° chamber, threaded 1/2x28 w/cap. MTU Contour.
    One RimX 22lr Magazine

8wApLHGh.jpg

TS Customs RimX .22LR Barreled Action - $2,500
    20" Paradigm Carbon Fiber, 22LR Primal 1.5° chamber, threaded 1/2x28 w/cap. M24 Contour.
    One RimX 22lr Magazine

ADp3BTgh.jpg

I wasn't aware you sold barreled actions

I wasn't aware you sold barreled actions
    We've sold quite a few to folks that are happily shooting them. If someone is happy tuning their own mags and running them in whatever stock they come up with, that's perfectly fine. Obviously we can not proof them the way we can the complete rifles. The complete rifles include a fair bit of lot testing, either with our lots or the customers lots, mag tuning and various other niceties to guarantee a first class experience.

Reactions: JKW70
    I'd love to see how that 16.5" benchmark shoots! It would look good with a suppressor

I'd love to see how that 16.5" benchmark shoots! It would look good with a suppressor
    We do not have lot testing services or accuracy proofing packaged with barreled actions. Though we can proof them with customer supplied ammo for a fee... or with ammunition we sell if at least a case is purchased.

In Padom's review of barrels for his RimX it would seem he had best results with Krieger and Bartlien, if memory serves me. What barrel makers have you found to be best in your testing?