• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Primary Arms 4-16X44 Illuminated Mil Dot good?

Howie Feltersnatch

Deep in my Plums.
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2007
Largo, FL.
Need a budget scope for my spr-ish .223 until I get funds for a high end. Any one have experience with this? This is for a range rifle only. This rifle will not be used in a SHTF scenario. Won't be used past 600 yards.

Thanks for the info.

Re: Primary Arms 4-16X44 Illuminated Mil Dot good?

I read a thread on them somewhere on barfcom, they seemed okay for a plinker scope. I would get a bushnell 10X instead, they are good little scopes for not a lot of money & if/when you replace it you can either sell it at not a big loss or just throw it in the toolbox as a backup.

Looks like a copy of a Millett DMS-1 except for the reticle. Spend an extra 70 bucks and get a DMS-1. I've had very good luck out of them.

Oops, I just re-read you post and realized you were looking at the 4-16 model and I was looking at the 1-4 model. I agree with the above post in that there are several budget optics out there from reputable companies. I'm a fan of the Millett TRS-1 for a budget 4-16 scope.

I could not tell you about the 4-16 but I had 1-4. I was really pleased with the glass for the money. Look on ar15.com they have alot of great reviews for the money!! I dont think you will disappointed with it at all.

the aimpoint knock offs are AWESOME....have several and they've never let me down...literally, 100% as good as the "real" one...just not stupidly over priced

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://primaryarms.com/category.sc?categoryId=156

Did a google search, never heard of them either. I'd say you'd be better off spending your money on known brands with a good history.

Flyingbullseye </div></div>

We are pretty well known for both our PA branded product and as a dealer for many other higher end brands. Your Google search should have shown that. It is a decent "entry level" scope for the money. We also stock the Bushnell and Millett suggested above.

Not sure where the buy from a "reputable" dealer comment in another post above comes from. We are reputable enough to be a factory direct stocking dealer for Nightforce, Surefire, EOTech, Daniel Defense, Vortex to name just a few. Reputable enough to have donated a Vortex Razor 5-20X to the prize table at the last Snipers Hide Cup.

Marshall

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the aimpoint knock offs are AWESOME....have several and they've never let me down...literally, 100% as good as the "real" one...just not stupidly over priced </div></div>

They are a great range/training red dot but far from as good as a Aimpoint. We never recommend them for duty use.

Marshall

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marsh1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://primaryarms.com/category.sc?categoryId=156

Did a google search, never heard of them either. I'd say you'd be better off spending your money on known brands with a good history.

Flyingbullseye </div></div>

We are pretty well known for both our PA branded product and as a dealer for many other higher end brands. Your Google search should have shown that. It is a decent "entry level" scope for the money. We also stock the Bushnell and Millett suggested above.

Not sure where the buy from a "reputable" dealer comment in another post above comes from. We are reputable enough to be a factory direct stocking dealer for Nightforce, Surefire, EOTech, Daniel Defense, Vortex to name just a few. Reputable enough to have donated a Vortex Razor 5-20X to the prize table at the last Snipers Hide Cup.

Marshall

</div></div>

My search went directly to the specific scopes because that is what the OP was inquiring about. No one mentioned anything about reputable dealers, companies yes but nothing regarding dealers.

Flyingbullseye

Hey marsh...

Your website states the following:

"We will gladly accept return for refund any <span style="font-weight: bold">"UNOPENED AND UNUSED"</span> product."

If I purchase the scope, take it out of the box to check it all out and don't care for it... am I not going to be able to return the scope due to the box not remaining "unopened"??

I am considering getting one of these scopes for my boys, and possibly myself if I really like it. But I would like to check out the clarity of it first. So I am just making sure that I won't end up stuck with a scope that doesn't measure up.

I have purchased a CenterPoint for my boys that I ended up using for a while. Walmart will take them back, even with the package torn to pieces... Thanks!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey marsh...

Your website states the following:

"We will gladly accept return for refund any <span style="font-weight: bold">"UNOPENED AND UNUSED"</span> product."

If I purchase the scope, take it out of the box to check it all out and don't care for it... am I not going to be able to return the scope due to the box not remaining "unopened"??

I am considering getting one of these scopes for my boys, and possibly myself if I really like it. But I would like to check out the clarity of it first. So I am just making sure that I won't end up stuck with a scope that doesn't measure up.

I have purchased a CenterPoint for my boys that I ended up using for a while. Walmart will take them back, even with the package torn to pieces... Thanks!!

DK </div></div>

If you are not happy with I will gladly take it back. We live on the forums and have a great reputation for CS.
Some customer feedback here

Marshall

Marshall,

I for one appreciate you being active on the forum and keeping in touch with your customers! That means alot to me and that is one of the reasons that I am such a huge Vortex fan! Your site says that you have both models of the PST 1-4 in stock and I was just wondering if that is correct?

Thanks,
Chuck

Primary arms if a great company I have a red dot and love it, if it didn't do what it says, it would have been ditch for an aimpoint however I still sport it strong. I have seen more than once PA on forums taking care of their customers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marshall,

I for one appreciate you being active on the forum and keeping in touch with your customers! That means alot to me and that is one of the reasons that I am such a huge Vortex fan! Your site says that you have both models of the PST 1-4 in stock and I was just wondering if that is correct?

Thanks,
Chuck </div></div>

Yes. We just received a order on Friday. The inventory is real time so if it shows in stock it is available. We can pair it with a Bobro or ADM mount if you need one.

+1 on these guys. I bought a Accupoint TR24 from them and the price was great. Great guys to deal with.

I bought a magnifier and a mount from them. The 3X for my eotech is GREAT, the cheap mount I bought.. was cheap haha. Still I treat the Magnifier like a dirty step child and it holds up just fine.
WallAR_2-1.jpg

Sorry I've been away and didn't expect this many replies. I guess the role of this "budget" scope I plan on using for the time being is simply to allow me to shoot while I save up for another NF. I have one on my AR10 and I love it.

I have had local recommendations for millets, bushnells, etc. I have owned one of Marshall's aimpoint's and beat the hell out of it and it worked just fine. The specs on his 4-16 seem good and as long as the adjustments are a true 1/4 moa adjustment and it can withstand .223 then I think it will fit the bill. I have searched on ARFCOM and read threads mainly pertaining to the release and initial thoughts about the scope. I was hoping to find someone here that has shot a lot of rounds through it with a .223 or bigger caliber to see how it holds up.

Also, for those who haven't heard of primary arms Marshall runs a phenomenal business there. He is very friendly as I have called him a few times prior to purchases, and his shipping is one of the quickest I've ever experienced. I keep hearing about how good his CS is, but I have never had to use it. His stuff works, which is why I'm inquiring for this scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marsh1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are not happy with I will gladly take it back. We live on the forums and have a great reputation for CS.

Marshall </div></div>

Marsh...

That is exactly what I was hoping you would say. With that statement above, you have just made a sale on this scope. I will be making a purchase soon. Keep in mind, I will be beating up this scope, but not too harshly.

I use my gear as tools, as they are designed to be used. I don't baby my stuff, but I don't take sledge hammers and hatchets to them either. I will also be doing a review for the rest of these guys here. Hopefully it will result in you getting some additional sales.

DK

Well I went ahead and placed an order. Can't say enough good things about PA. I talked with Scott as Marshall is at SHOT, and he took the time to try out a mounting solution with the scope to make sure it would work for me. Couldn't have better customer service. Shipped the same day.

I'm going to put this through some testing and I'll post back.

Holy cow!!

I placed my order for their 4-16x44 Tactical scope, paid for it... using MY choice of payment method. And 15 minutes later I get the confirmation email that my order has shipped!!

That just blew me AWAY!! Two big thumbs up for Primary Arms!!

DK

I will be receiving the scope very soon obviously. I got my rings in the mail today, and I will be taking possession of my rifle tomorrow morning... Life is Beautiful!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be receiving the scope very soon obviously. I got my rings in the mail today, and I will be taking possession of my rifle tomorrow morning... Life is Beautiful!!

DK </div></div>

I can vouch for the CS of Primary Arms. They are good to go.

I guy I work with has one of their red dots on his AR for plinking and he really likes it. For small budget and not extreme use they fit the criteria.

So, whats the word on the 4-16 PA scope OP? Did it work as expected?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bp_968</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, whats the word on the 4-16 PA scope OP? Did it work as expected? </div></div>

i've got one on my .22 has worked great on it

Howdy folks! Just signed up the other day.

I don't have the 4x16, but I do have a 1x4 and a Micro sight from Marshal.

For the price they are great. Actually they are MUCH better than I thought they would be. I have used both pretty roughly on AR trainers and they haven't missed a beat yet....just don't forget to turn off the Illumination and let it sit for a couple of day.

The 1x4 is EXEPTIONALLY nice considering I bought it for $150'ish for the scope and mount (it was on sale).

Would I buy another? Heck yes.

Al

I can't speak to the scope in the subject line of this thread, but being local to Primary Arms and having purchased from them at their store front on more than one occasion, I can tell you that these guys are very customer oriented from my experience. I don't hesitate in doing business with them.

I have no comment on the scope as the stuff that I purchase from them is from the higher end dealers, mostly NF.

Don't hesitate to buy one! I did and put it on a 7mm Rem Mag with no problem! I have put several hundred rounds under it and it has never experienced any problems what so ever. I even bought it used, so who know what it had been through, however it looked brand new. Yeah the illumination bled alittle, but so did my MK4 at high levels! As far as I'm concerned they are tough to beat for the money and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another. Glass is good (for the money) and it tracked perfectly with decent turrets. Nice thing was I could get M1 turrets for it that were laser etched based on a particular load (used it for a hunting rifle mostly). Marshall is top notch to deal with too!

i also have one of there aimpoint knock offs on my M4 have droped it banged it used it hard never left zero love it at 1/3 the cost