• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primary Arms GLx 1-10x24 FFP just dropped

JDB55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2021
Tennessee
This has been talked about but looks like it's finally here in 2 reticle options. A 1-10 FFP made in Japan(not L.O.W), FFP, for under $1000. Interested to see the reviews.

Last edited:
Cool to see more affordable options, although I'm likely to stay in the skeptical camp for now. 1-10x is hard to get right at any price point much less the 3 figures category.

Reactions: JDB55
Cool to see more affordable options, although I'm likely to stay in the skeptical camp for now. 1-10x is hard to get right at any price point much less the 3 figures category.

It most definitely is from what I've seen, interested to see how this pans out

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Interested in these too. Hopefully the illumination is daytime bright

Hopefully it's easier to get than the PLXc. I've had one on back order for some time to the point it's getting frustrating and I'm thinking of moving my money elsewhere.

Reactions: Maddog51
This has been talked about but looks like it's finally here in 2 reticle options. A 1-10 FFP which I believe is being made in Japan (not L.O.W) if I remember correctly (if not correct me) for under $1000. Interested to see the reviews.

I like the MIL version, but it's a shame... They missed a great opportunity to go with the new "standard" of a 34mm tube, and a larger 28mm objective. It would be cool if it had a capped windage and exposed elevation turret, too, since it's FFP. Just my opinion.

Their SLx 1-10x28 34mm is phenomenal for $499. They got it right on that one. That's why I bought a second one, even though it's just sitting in the box right now. Still figuring out what I'm going to put it on.

Reactions: SuperDave17
Their SLx 1-10x28 34mm is phenomenal for $499. They got it right on that one. That's why I bought a second one, even though it's just sitting in the box right now. Still figuring out what I'm going to put it on.
What is it comparable to?

What is it comparable to?
Well, it's way better than the Vortex Strike Eagle and Viper PST LPVO's, but it's not as nice as a Razor. I'd say it's somewhere in the middle. I honestly haven't used a ton of LPVO's, so I don't know what it compares to in other brands, other than the ones I've personally used or compared it to. I know it's nicer than the SE SFP and FFP, and the Viper PST.

Well, it's way better than the Vortex Strike Eagle and Viper PST LPVO's, but it's not as nice as a Razor. I'd say it's somewhere in the middle. I honestly haven't used a ton of LPVO's, so I don't know what it compares to in other brands, other than the ones I've personally used or compared it to. I know it's nicer than the SE SFP and FFP, and the Viper PST.
Pst like the Gen II?

At that price, I highly doubt its made in Japan. I thought all the GLX scopes were made in the Philippines and the PLX line was the Japanese made scopes.

At that price, I highly doubt its made in Japan. I thought all the GLX scopes were made in the Philippines and the PLX line was the Japanese made scopes.

That's right, I believe though it's being made by JOL in Japan like the Brownells MPOs. I gathered that from the old thread on Ar15.com. But maybe that was inaccurate or changed,@marsh1 to where this one is manufactured as far as Japan or the Philippines.

That's right, I believe though it's being made by JOL in Japan like the Brownells MPOs. I gathered that from the old thread on Ar15.com. But maybe that was inaccurate or changed,@marsh1 to where this one is manufactured as far as Japan or the Philippines.
Final assembly in Japan. Less critical parts are imported there to reduce final cost

What’s the brightness of the illuminated reticle like at 1x? Daylight bright vs daylight red?
It is bright. What I call daylight bright not "red dot bright". Daylight is what we have in our current PlxC. What I call red dot is the fiber dot available in our new SFP Nova or Diffractive technology used in FFP Razor 1-10 for Nightforce LPVOs.

Last edited:

I just had a big lengthy reply all planned out, disagreeing with you. Then I realized my brain had somehow superimposed Athlon Helos 1-10x (an okay but not great optic) right over PA SLX 1-10x, which is an optic I haven't looked through. Stupid brain.

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
Then I realized my brain had somehow superimposed Athlon Helos 1-10x (an okay but not great optic)
I had 2 of these and found them to be a muddy mess past 8X....sent them both back to Athlon and they switched them out for the 2-12 model. It's a shame as I really wanted to like them for their nice reticle and low weight.

I really want to try this optic as I want a 1-10 badly on a build. But all I keep reading and hearing is they either are bad in 1x (not a true 1x) or almost not useable on 10x for being such a tight eye box. I’m curious to see sone trusted reviews on it with money waiting to spend.

I had 2 of these and found them to be a muddy mess past 8X....sent them both back to Athlon and they switched them out for the 2-12 model. It's a shame as I really wanted to like them for their nice reticle and low weight.
Yeah I bought a 2-12x around the same time a buddy bought the 10x. I'd been trying to decide which one I was going to get. I love the idea of 1x on the low end but the gun in question didn't need it. Comparing side by side I absolutely got the better scope.

Reactions: celltech
Man, I'm really hoping this gets to a reviewer soon to see a "through the scope". So interested.

Reactions: 5RWill
I don't see it for sale at the other sites/companies that carry Primary Arms optics. The fact that there are no video reviews of it posted is strange. No advanced availability to reviewers may mean PA is not confident in the product.

Fingers crossed. I hope it is a good scope. If it is, I may sell the Vortex Razor Gen 3 1-10x I have and replace it with this if it is.

Yeah judging by the C_DOES review on the GLx 1-6x24 I don't have a lot of hope for the 1-10 but still curious
Please, don't put any weight into what he does. To anyone that has an optics background it is very clear that he has no understanding of optics. There are way better optics educated/optics background/physics background guys on this site and you tube to listen to. Best I can tell, he sounds good/confident on you tube, but also very ignorant to even basic first order optics. Honestly, his optics reviews seem to be done from the standpoint of someone into video games, not a shooter.

Reactions: BCP
Please, don't put any weight into what he does. To anyone that has an optics background it is very clear that he has no understanding of optics. There are way better optics educated/optics background/physics background guys on this site and you tube to listen to. Best I can tell, he sounds good/confident on you tube, but also very ignorant to even basic first order optics. Honestly, his optics reviews seem to be done from the standpoint of someone into video games, not a shooter.
Could you give any examples of what exactly he does wrong on his videos?

EDIT: I just watched that video he posted on the GLx 1-6 and I want to point out that what C_Does said about that optic mirrors my own thoughts. After I mounted mine I immediately noticed something felt wrong with it. I messed around with it for about a week before returning it because it just had weird optical issues. Eye relief was far greater than its specs say so it was difficult to get behind and mount properly. Eye box was finicky and if you moved your eye anywhere off axis the image quality degraded. It was a super disappointing scope.

Last edited:
I think a posting I made this morning was blocked. I posted that it seemed weird that there were no reviews or announcements of the Glx 1-10x on arfcom PA industry forum. The Primary Arms rep on the forum stated that the Glx 1-10x was a limited run. Once they are sold out, that's it.

It would seem that they are either not entirely satisfied with the design or there are supply/manufacturing chain issues? I'm betting they are not happy with the design.

I think a posting I made this morning was blocked. I posted that it seemed weird that there were no reviews or announcements of the Glx 1-10x on arfcom PA industry forum. The Primary Arms rep on the forum stated that the Glx 1-10x was a limited run. Once they are sold out, that's it.

It would seem that they are either not entirely satisfied with the design or there are supply/manufacturing chain issues? I'm betting they are not happy with the design.

I do not believe it is blocked, I was able to reply to it this morning.
So in the case of the GLx 1-10, that was a design that we had worked on for a long time, then covid hit and it delayed things by a long time, reason for the limited run is since then there is different technologies, materials etc and a number of 1-10's on the market now that we will be designing one for the future at some point. That optic was originally going to sell for 1k, that is the reason that it is around the $800 mark now. It is a fantastic optic and the price reflects that. So it is not a case of not being satisfied in any way, this one just took a while to get to market with all the events that have happened.

I do not believe it is blocked, I was able to reply to it this morning.
So in the case of the GLx 1-10, that was a design that we had worked on for a long time, then covid hit and it delayed things by a long time, reason for the limited run is since then there is different technologies, materials etc and a number of 1-10's on the market now that we will be designing one for the future at some point. That optic was originally going to sell for 1k, that is the reason that it is around the $800 mark now. It is a fantastic optic and the price reflects that. So it is not a case of not being satisfied in any way, this one just took a while to get to market with all the events that have happened.

So this is a limited run of the glx 1-10? I'm confused if your saying your gonna update this model or design a new one with the latest tech and call it something else...like a PLx?

This is a limited release of the GLx 1-10. Once they are gone they are gone. We are going to revisit the 1-10 optics in the future but nothing immediately upcoming.

This is a limited release of the GLx 1-10. Once they are gone they are gone. We are going to revisit the 1-10 optics in the future but nothing immediately upcoming.
Got it...man wish we had something on the interwebz to see if it's worth the squeeze...

Interesting opinion but I very much appreciate his content. I’m not always looking for an Ilya level of tech breakdown. I just want a feel for what the reticle is like and under different light conditions and how the eyebox is. He does a great job of giving simple concise reviews.

Reactions: Tictacticaltimmy
Hey all. Log time member but stepped away for several years and am now getting back to long range shooting.

Was looking at the PA PLxC 1-8 FFP and now see this one. Kinda strange to me that they didn't make their flagship 1-10 and instead did it with their mid-tier line.

I just ordered/ received the glx 1-10 ffp with the Griffin Mil reticle for a 14.5 AR build I’m working on. Haven’t mounted it yet but the scope is built like a tank. Glass is amazing and it’s definitely daylight bright illumination. I own the Vortex razor 1-10 and have to say other than the ~6oz weight difference, the Glx stacks up very well against the razor. The illumination is bright af (that’s an industry term lol). Joking aside there’s no noticeable difference in brightness btw my razor and the new glx if you apples to apples compare both on max setting. Also I love the auto-off/ shake-awake. The razor doesn’t have that feature which is super convienient for a home D setup imo.

I just ordered/ received the glx 1-10 ffp with the Griffin Mil reticle for a 14.5 AR build I’m working on. Haven’t mounted it yet but the scope is built like a tank. Glass is amazing and it’s definitely daylight bright illumination. I own the Vortex razor 1-10 and have to say other than the ~6oz weight difference, the Glx stacks up very well against the razor. The illumination is bright af (that’s an industry term lol). Joking aside there’s no noticeable difference in brightness btw my razor and the new glx if you apples to apples compare both on max setting. Also I love the auto-off/ shake-awake. The razor doesn’t have that feature which is super convienient for a home D setup imo.

Thanks for giving some feedback. Will be interested to see how the eye box/eye relief is. Does it have the disappearing bezel effect like the razor 1-10?

Thanks for giving some feedback. Will be interested to see how the eye box/eye relief is. Does it have the disappearing bezel effect like the razor 1-10?
Honestly I haven’t had one range trip with it yet. The rifle it’s going on won’t be done for a few weeks so I’ll def report back on the bezel and eyebox after some shooting. For now, I can def vouch for the illumination being very bright and the glass is amazing for the $.

If it’s that good i can’t fathom why this is a limited run?
My thoughts exactly... maybe they want to increase the objective size a bit to 28mm like other models, maybe lower the weight? Or perhaps they weren't happy with the manufacturer and want to move it to where the PLxC is OEMd. Just spit balling.

My thoughts exactly... maybe they want to increase the objective size a bit to 28mm like other models, maybe lower the weight? Or perhaps they weren't happy with the manufacturer and want to move it to where the PLxC is OEMd. Just spit
My thoughts exactly... maybe they want to increase the objective size a bit to 28mm like other models, maybe lower the weight? Or perhaps they weren't happy with the manufacturer and want to move it to where the PLxC is OEMd. Just spit balling.
First time I handled the optic it felt like something built for combat with rock solid construction. I couldn’t imagine they weren’t pleased with the manufacturing process. Keep in mind I’m not an engineer, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night…

• Haha