• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

primary arms scopes good or bad

It depends of which one you're think about. Generally they are all good in relation to their price and what else you can get for that price.

I had the 4x14x44 acss and it was a decent scope not really designed for dialing or ELR but nonetheless it's a decent scope for its price

the glass on their basic models are good out to about 1000 yards. you can still see your target at 1000 but the image quality is lower than other higher end optics. like stated above, they are better than most other optics in their price range.

I have the platinum 5-30, same quality Jap HD Glass just like the rest of the 2k scopes, can't go wrong since you can get it under 1500. Very pleased with mine

Primary Arms, in my experience, has great customer service. I pulled out my old 4-14x44 ffp to put on my new
T1x and discovered I was missing one of the turret retainer screws. I sent PA an email asking if they could sell me one of those screws. Within one hour I had an email from David King telling me he's putting a set of the screws in the mail for me a no charge. I found that impressive. They don't seem to have deals at resellers like Athlon on Amazon so despite having similar msrps they end up being more expensive when comparing similar features. I'll let others decide if the quality differential warrants the price as I own only the one PA.

I had a 4-14x PA scope, I thought it was the ugliest looking scope I’ve ever seen lol but it was super clear and it tracked pretty well.

Reactions: Badfinger
I had a Platinum 1X8 and they are excellent. Glass was first rate and built like a tank. Comparable to Sig Tango 6 and other Japanese "L.O.W." optical products. The Ohara glass company that they use for glass blanks is right there with Shott

How much do you have to spend before they start to track reliably? I know Vortex and Leupold sell scopes that track (Razor and Mk5) but you have to pay for it.

And how do they compare to an SWFA 3-15 FFP? I personally will give up a little bit optically to get accurate tracking

I can answer this some. I have a 4-14 HUD DMR (.308 version) and honestly it's tracking is a little off. Not terribly so, but enough i would wonder with every shot I made. I do like the reticle though and I think that's where primary arms finds their niche. Ok to good tracking and great reticle (if you like BDC style or holdover style reticles). Personally, I love the ranging lines on the ACSS scopes.

Reactions: rlsmith1
I would agree with you on where PA makes their money. I have never owned one but from what I've heard everyone is happy with them. It's not quite fair for a $300 to be asked to do everything

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Yeah not sure why OP put it here or why it hasn't been moved. I don't have that kind of power