• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primary weapons system PRC compensator

mattt

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2010
northern California
I just picked up a rem 5r 300 wm and need to put a compensator on it .My local smith recomended the prc one and I cant find any reviews on it. Is anyone here using one?

Re: Primary weapons system PRC compensator

I have one on my Noveske barreled AR10 rifle. I have only had the chance to shoot it once since I bought it so I don't have a lot of experience with it. The PRC is supposed to be a double duty flash hider/compensator. I was not firing in low light so it is hard to comment on that. In general I am not too big of a fan of compensators on a .308 but this one was on it when I bought it so it has stayed so far. To give a true comparison I would want to fire it next to another AR10 w/o a brake but it does reduce recoil noticeably. Is it efficient enough for the .300 Magnum? That I don't know. The PRC is definitely smaller/lower profile than some of the others on the market but it seems like a lot of the ones I see people choosing around here on the .300 mags and .338 mags are higher volume brakes/compensators.

Sorry I'm not more help.

Re: Primary weapons system PRC compensator

Thanks josh .I am on the fence on this brake. I might try it on my 308 first and if I like it I will put one on my 300. I just wish I could find some reviews