• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prime 6.5 creedmoor

CDeiser

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Has anyone found out what powder is being used in the Prime 6.5 creed ammo? I've been searching the internet and haven't found anything yet. one of Norma's powders maybe?

I'd like to find that out as well. I'm getting an avg. of 2919 out of my 26" barrel. Love to replicate that performance.

My son is using 44.0 gr of H4350, CCI 200, Prime brass, and the 130 Golden TGT to duplicate the factory Prime velocity in his RPR. I pulled a factory load and it had 44.3 of a darker powder in it. It looks more like 4451.

Considering Prime is getting the ammo from RUAG (makers of Norma) I would bet it is a Norma-supplied canister powder. As such it will probably be something not readily duplicated with open-sourced powder.

For you guys who have this ammo in possession, could you measure and post the COAL? I found Normal 130 GT bullet quite sensitive to jump/jam (as most VLD bullets are). In my 6.5x55, it likes long jump (50/1000"), while in 6.5 CM it likes jam 10/1000". I wonder how Prime ammo make compromise on this.

Ironically my best groups were .174" off the lands. Prime measured from 2.150 to 2.182 to the ogive out of the box in the first batch of 500. I seated all to 2.155 for my Rock Creek barrel with about 1900 rounds down it.

Ironically my best groups were .174" off the lands. Prime measured from 2.150 to 2.182 to the ogive out of the box in the first batch of 500. I seated all to 2.155 for my Rock Creek barrel with about 1900 rounds down it.

Thanks for the info. That's a huge jump! I will try it out on my creedmoor

How's the brass for reloading been treating everyone? I know its Norma but just wanted to know if the consistency was the same as virgin Norma brass? I've been having horrible luck with the Hornady brass I have. I bought two cases of the prime and Ill be shooting a match with it in my RPR next weekend. Ill use the brass for reloading afterwards obviously.

How's the brass for reloading been treating everyone? I know its Norma but just wanted to know if the consistency was the same as virgin Norma brass? I've been having horrible luck with the Hornady brass I have. I bought two cases of the prime and Ill be shooting a match with it in my RPR next weekend. Ill use the brass for reloading afterwards obviously.

My son has 5 or more reloads on some of his Prime brass. It has been very consistent so far. He is running 44 grs of H4350 under the 130 Golden TGT that prime uses getting 2850 out of a RPR factory barrel. I primed some of his brass for him last week and the pockets are still very tight.

In my testing, Prime is running a canister powder not available to reloaders or even commercial loaders with 06 FFL.