• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Prime Ammo Group Buy *Closed* see new one

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    As discussed in the previous Prime Ammo Thread, Jim is looking to offer ammunition at even bigger discounts to the end-user with this group buy options that pools the members of Sniper's Hide (and beyond) in order to lower cost and save us money on ammunition.

There are several options with this, and it's not a requirement, just an option to get some really great ammunition at even bigger discounts to include Free Shipping which will save a ton of money on bulk orders.

MADE IN Sweden - Compare at $1.32/round plus shipping - PRIME is $1.06/round with FREE SHIPPING
    Group purchase details:

• Minimum order is one case of 200 rounds with a maximum order limit of 50,000 rounds
    • Payment in full by check provides the lowest possible price with a 3% discount
    • Pay by check and save $6.55 per case - price is $1.06/round delivered with FREE SHIPPING
    • 3% discount is applied automatically during check out by selecting check/money order as the payment method
    • The check must be mailed within 2 business days of ordering
    • PRIME's mailing address to send the check is supplied during checkout and also emailed in the order confirmation
    • Checks will be held until the minimum round count is obtained and then checks will be deposited
    • Paying by check provides a final price of $211.81 with free shipping to the lower 48 states
    • Paying by credit card provides a final price of $218.36 with free shipping to the lower 48 states
    • For this group purchase, 500,000 rounds must be purchased in 18 days by Midnight PST, Monday, December 16, 2019
    • You cannot split a single order and use multiple payment methods
    • You can make multiple orders during the 18-day purchase window with different payment methods and we'll combine them when they ship
    • If the minimum round count is not met in the allotted time all checks will be destroyed and payment cards 100% credited
    • If the minimum round count is met customer fulfillment occurs within 4 months starting from Tuesday, December 17, 2019
    • Both payment methods feature free FedEx Ground shipping to the customer’s address in the lower 48 states
    • A round counter is supplied for each order on the product’s description page
    MADE IN USA - Compare at $1.32/round plus shipping - PRIME is $1.14/round with FREE SHIPPING
    Group purchase details:

• Minimum order is one case of 200 rounds with no maximum order limit
    • Payment in full by check provides the lowest possible price with a 3% discount
    • 3% discount is applied automatically during check out by selecting check/money order as the payment method
    • Pay by check and save $7.05 per case - price is $1.14/round delivered with FREE SHIPPING
    • The check must be mailed within 2 business days of ordering
    • PRIME's mailing address to send the check is supplied during checkout and also emailed in the order confirmation
    • Checks will be held until the minimum round count is obtained and then checks will be deposited
    • Paying by check provides a final price of $227.79 with free shipping to the lower 48 states
    • Paying by credit card provides a final price of $234.84 with free shipping to the lower 48 states
    • For this group purchase, 500,000 rounds must be purchased in 18 days by Midnight PST, Monday, December 16, 2019
    • You cannot split a single order and use multiple payment methods
    • You can make multiple orders during the 18-day purchase window with different payment methods and we'll combine them when they ship
    • If the minimum round count is not met in the allotted time all checks will be destroyed and payment cards 100% credited
    • If the minimum round count is met customer fulfillment occurs within 4 months starting from Tuesday, December 17, 2019
    • Both payment methods feature free FedEx Ground shipping to the customer’s address in the lower 48 states
    • A round counter is supplied for each order on the product’s description page

I understand there is a lot to unpack, the goal is to deliver Prime Ammunition in the most cost-effective way possible to the end-user.

Follow the group buy link on the Home Page or head there directly

www.primeammo.com

GROUP PURCHASE | PRIME 6.5mm CREEDMOOR OTM 130GR MATCH+ | Made In Sweden
    Number of rounds sold to date: 22,600 ends on 12|16|2019 MADE IN Sweden - Compare at $1.32/round plus shipping - PRIME is $1.06/round with FREE SHIPPING Group purchase details: Minimum order is one case of 200 rounds with a maximum order limit of 50,000 rounds Payment in full by check provides...
    www.primeammo.com
    www.primeammo.com

www.primeammo.com

GROUP PURCHASE | PRIME 6.5mm CREEDMOOR OTM 130GR MATCH+ | Made In USA
    Number of rounds sold to date: 6,600 ends on 12|16|2019 MADE IN USA - Compare at $1.32/round plus shipping - PRIME is $1.14/round with FREE SHIPPING Group purchase details: Minimum order is one case of 200 rounds with no maximum order limit Payment in full by check provides the lowest possible...
    www.primeammo.com
    www.primeammo.com

Compare these prices to other quality brands on the market. I have looked and I invite others to look as well. Now one caveat you cannot compare this ammo to the likes of S&B or Privi Partisan stuff, you have to compare the same quality brands most of us use already. There are bargain and bulk brands out there but none of those will match the quality of this ammunition.

Last edited:
    Just a question, is this Swedish company the same one that Prime had the issues with in the first place? I thought Prime was staying Made in the USA? Just wondering.

Doesnt look like the 500,000 round mark will be acheived.
    Well, in the 24 hours since I bought a case the counters have gone up about 30,000. Jim actually called me today to thank me for my purchase; needless to say I was both surprised and impressed. I hope this all goes well for Prime! I'm hoping to buy another case before the 16th. As of tonight at 2037 Central Time 71,200 of the RUAG and 63,800 of the Peterson are sold.

Well, in the 24 hours since I bought a case the counters have gone up about 30,000. Jim actually called me today to thank me for my purchase; needless to say I was both surprised and impressed. I hope this all goes well for Prime! I'm hoping to buy another case before the 16th. As of tonight at 2037 Central Time 71,200 of the RUAG and 63,800 of the Peterson are sold.
    Update: 24 hours later, the sold numbers are79,800 and 97,200 respectively. So a total of 42,000 rounds sold in the last 24 hours. Timestamp: 2037 on 12/4/2019

Last edited:
    It would seem to make more sense to not offer both group buys at the same time. Splits up the numbers. They may have their reasons. If they make the numbers I will mail a check for a couple thousand rounds. Until then I will hold off.

I wish it was a month later. I spent all extra $$ for Christmas stuff.

Will it make it? 12/15/2019 12:07 PST - RUAG 162,600 out of 500,000 required, USA 417,200 out of 500,000 required.

Need 82,800 in the USA option to sell in under 18 hours. It doesn't look good for the RUAG order, needs over 337k to sell.

Will it make it? 12/15/2019 12:07 PST - RUAG 162,600 out of 500,000 required, USA 417,200 out of 500,000 required.

Need 82,800 in the USA option to sell in under 18 hours. It doesn't look good for the RUAG order, needs over 337k to sell.
    I bet the Peterson flies regardless of total at this point.

417,800 after my 3 case order.

Come on guys! This is a great deal...not to mention FREE SHIPPING!

If nothing else, buy a case for yourself for Christmas. Put from “Santa” on the tag. Mama will have to ruin Christmas for the kids if she says anything. ?

Imagine if they would have only had the USA as an option. Would have been there.

Would buy several cases if they shipped to MA. Legal to do so but a lot of places don’t. The number of places that do is slowly increasing though.

So it was extended to the end of the month? Can I send a check in then instead of using my CC?

So...quick question for the group. I placed my order on Dec 4th. Got the order confirmation, but no other communication. I’ve called, got a really nice, but unhelpful friend of Jim’s on the phone, was told to email Jim...and still haven’t gotten an answer. At this stage I’d almost rather cancel the order and spend the money on reloading supplies, but I don’t know who to get in touch with to do this.

So...quick question for the group. I placed my order on Dec 4th. Got the order confirmation, but no other communication. I’ve called, got a really nice, but unhelpful friend of Jim’s on the phone, was told to email Jim...and still haven’t gotten an answer. At this stage I’d almost rather cancel the order and spend the money on reloading supplies, but I don’t know who to get in touch with to do this.

What are you trying to figure out

The group buy was very specific these discounts came at a price, that price was TIME

You have to wait for the ammo to be made

Were you expecting to Order it and have it a week later or something

Read the rules of the Buy, it said there is a wait for the ammo to be made

I want to say up to 6 months. It was clearly written.

Has anybody gotten a refund on the Norma made prime yet? I sent two emails and haven't gotten a reply.

I hate to be that guy, but is this deal still viable or is it long gone - done? I tried the links, so I assume its over.

PB

I already have an order in for a couple of cases of the American stuff. How is asking if anybody got refunds yet a month after it closed complaining? That's totally legit.

I did just get a receipt for a refund though so thank you.

I hate to be that guy but... given the current ammo situation has anything changed?

This is not affected this was put in motion well before this and is on track

stop looking for excuses
    Wasn't trying to be a dick. I'm down to 200 rounds of 6.5 and I might get some time off in the next couple of weeks. Ahead of schedule is great but I didn't know if the manufacturer was shutting down or running reduced crews on account of the current craziness. It was just an honest question but I figured I'd get kicked in the dick and labeled as a shit stirrer. Sorry, thanks for the update.

I’m patiently waiting for the next group buy. I pre purchased the first run of the American stuff back in the late summer but I’m down to a couple hundred rounds, will definitely buy much more the next group buy.

Reactions: A&8's
    Got my shipping notification today as well. Jim is a good guy and a man of his word. The fact he was able to keep his time line promise with all of the unforeseen circumstances is pretty awesome.

Reactions: MPrimo
    Same here hopefully my CA FFL will accept it......