• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRIME AMMO INSTOCK

Pusher591

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 18, 2009
    Gaston County
    Don’t know the details but Target Sports USA just posted a shit ton of PRIME ammo for sale. I don’t shoot it but I know a lot of you do.

Good luck!!!!

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976
    200 rounds of 308 headed my way! Hope this is the start of something.

Nothing on the Prime website about an agreement with TS USA.... I wonder where this ammo came from?

I just emailed Prime to see if this was a deal they worked with them.

You know anything @Lowlight?

Edited to add, please let this be legit, because I really want that .308!

Last edited:
    Just noticed the email, as others have stated I'm hesitant to buy as I'm worried this was sold out from under prime

Just called prime and they were caught off guard by my call but said they would call me back after speaking to Jim.

If I get a call back I'll let you know what they say to me....if anything.

I want to buy some, but not if it doesn't support the guys at Prime.

Last edited:
    Reactions: FishDr
    As soon as I saw this, I knew what had happened. Ruag is trying to liquidate the inventory that was in the TN warehouse. Slimy pieces of shit.

Well...now I feel bad. Already got shipping confirmation on 308 and 22lr....

That will go great with my "I Stand with Prime" Shirt..

What was a contract dispute may now be something more serious? How can Ruag sell something branded as PRIME?

Reactions: cav1993
    What was a contract dispute may now be something more serious? How can Ruag sell something branded as PRIME?

RUAG clearly had their massive legal team look into this before doing it, so they must be confident in what they're doing...

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jeeper48

From reading the legal documentation -

Prime was selling ammo fronted by Ruag with an agreement to pay Ruag a portion of the sales. For what ever reason Ruag claimed Prime defaulted, and Ruag called their entire account due. Further, Ruag insisted on up front payment for all future orders. Prime had ordered custom ammo from Ruag with their own "load recipes". Ruag insisted that Prime pay in full for their latest order "which they claim to have done". My guess is that 1. Prime missed payment intervals and 2. Ruag realized the loss of market share due to Prime's popularity. They decided to cut out the middle man and steal the custom developed loads for themselves. The'll likely sell this under the Norma brand in the future and double their profits.

In the end, Ruag contends that Prime still owes money. Since they could not collect it all from Prime they decided to sell the product. I'd wager this was allowable under their initial agreement in the event that Prime defaulted. Prime likely agreed to that, and will now be run out of business by an ammo giant.

Everyone has come out in support of Prime on this. Many going so far as to help fund legal challenges to Ruag.

Like all stories, I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I'm sure Ruag if exploiting every loophole in their contract with Prime. And, if not expressly prohibited by the contracts, Prime will make a mint off of Ruag due to copy right/trademark infringement.

Personally, I'd like to see an independent review of the contracts.

Unfortunately, unless there is some sort of settlement that hasn’t been released, this is likely bad sign for Prime.

I’m sure their legal team would have by now filed a request asking a judge to order RUAG to not sell off their ammo (especially under the Prime label). Either this is short sighted on their legal team or it’s a bad sign of their ability to be successful in court.

It’s in the original contract they can do what they want with the ammo if it wasn’t paid for.

The addendum 2 claim hasn’t been supported in any of the emails that I saw published. It was all negotiations, but I never saw an email published where both sides agreed.

I could have missed that published email though.

that's the biggest scum move by TSUSA and Midsouth
    I disagree. TSUSA is not at fault. Personally, I think Prime is at fault for agreeing to a contract that allows the sale of their branded goods in the event of a default. If they did default then this all rests on Prime’s shoulders.

Jim has been very vocal about this situation, however we’ve only heard one side.

I disagree. TSUSA is not at fault. Personally, I think Prime is at fault for agreeing to a contract that allows the sale of their branded goods in the event of a default. If they did default then this all rests on Prime’s shoulders.

Jim has been very vocal about this situation, however we’ve only heard one side.
    did Prime agree to that? and did they default? i don't think we're at the point that there's a clear answer there

Reactions: Changed
    did Prime agree to that? and did they default? i don't think we're at the point that there's a clear answer there

Who knows, but from from reading the legal documents, it is clear that Ruag asserts that Prime defaulted. They got into bed with one of the largest munitions companies in the world. Companies like Ruag don't loan product for sale unless there is a back door to recoup funds for fronted ammo. Do we know? Not really, but we will find out.

Reactions: silentheart
    It’s in the original contract they can do what they want with the ammo if it wasn’t paid for.

The addendum 2 claim hasn’t been supported in any of the emails that I saw published. It was all negotiations, but I never saw an email published where both sides agreed.

I could have missed that published email though.
    Yep. it also seems that Prime's payments were to be directed to new ammo purchases, but Ruag applied it to outstanding debt. I believe this was Jim's primary point of contention.

I replied to the ad with an indication that they would likely lose me as a customer for engaging in the process of buying and selling this ammo while this dispute is not settled. They are contributing to the potential demise of a valued supplier.

Reactions: Dewey7271
    Here was my response from President of Target Sports haha

AIbEiAIAAABDCO-atPO8_f6tOyILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKGM0M2I5MjQ0ZGQwN2YyZjhlODYyNTU4YjdiZDk5NjQwNDkxOGExNzkwAYXwqVz7YiCmWLF-yokuYA2eBSV4

Sales Department - Target Sports USA
    Mon, May 20, 8:11 PM (23 hours ago)
    to me

We purchased it legally with money with the intent to sell to our customers.

Whatever lawsuit is going on between Ruag and Prime that is between them and I hope that they can work it out. Nothing to do with us

Thank you,

Sam M. Delmic

President
    Target Sports USA
    30 Fieldstone Court
    Cheshire, CT 06410
    P: 860-426-9886
    E: [email protected]
    F: 888-908-0831

Fuck you Sam.
    Sincerely,
    Me

I received a similar response. And while I see his point, I think that exact response is how the big guy gets away with shit like this... Not my problem, I played by the rules. Now I know he's just looking out for his company, and that's exactly what he's supposed to do. But at the end of the day, right is right & wrong is wrong and sometimes ya just gotta draw a line in the sand & say, 'No more!'

Yes it’s a shitty situation for Prime. Business is business though... Raug calls up a couple distributors and offers the ammo that Prime didn’t pay for at 20% off there gonna jump at that opportunity. Demand didn’t change once the lawsuit came to light

Reactions: Changed
    Ironically, “if” Prime succeeds legally, this is probably better for them.

I’d imagine a ruling would give them the profit they would have made from the ammo plus damages.

If Prime is truly confident of their claims, money in the bank eventually.

I also don’t know how their warehousing was setup, but the minute that ruag took ownership of the old stock, why didn’t prime sue ruag immediately?

At best, this is a series of very bad business decisions on Prime’s part.

I honestly hope their versions of the sorry are the facts, but there’s a lot of things that don’t add up on their part.

I can’t imagine prime isn’t copyrighted and you’d think RUAG would at least repackage it.

You’d have to be an idiot to not at least contractually protect your name.

This whole situation is awkward.