• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Prime Ammo

THRASHER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2013
Does Prime Ammo ever run any deals, specials, etc? I was hoping for something over Memorial Day, but there wasn't a sale. I have never used their ammo and am interested in trying it out. Want to make a fairly large purchase sooner than later. Just curious if they're known for running sales on certain holidays (July 4th, Cyber Monday maybe)??

I also intend to get into reloading and want to save all my brass. What do you guys use to catch your brass at the range? Thanks!

Only specials PRIME ever offers is free shipping. I think they have sales few and far between and it never any of the "good" stuff that everyone wants.

As far as catching your brass. I use my hand... lol if your using a bolt gun just run the bolt back slow and catch the brass. If a semi auto then a brass catcher of some sort. I know Caldwell seems to be a popular one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am lazy so I usually carry around a spare hat and put it upside down at the 4 O'Clock position. It catches all the rounds and I empty it out after every mag.

All the specials I've seen from Prime was free shipping or once they had a deal where you got a box free with an order of X number of boxes. Just make you order when they have free shipping. That's when I place my big orders. As far as catching brass, if shooting slower from a bench i'll just run the bolt slow. If competing, I try and grab everything but it doesn't always work out.

They offer a discount to hide online training members on .308 Win and .338 LM ammo that is roughly 24% off. It's really a killer deal on case lots. It would be nice if it was for all calibers.............and I'm not sure if it's for all hide members or just those with the online training. I thought originally for everyone but the sticky is now only on the on-line training forum................ you'd have to check with Lowlight.

Thanks for that info. Is there a thread or sticky on how to join the online training? I could use the training anyways.

Discount or not, its some good stuff. Reloads well, if you are using a bushing die the necks are much thinner than Lapua, so keep that in mind.

Yes they do. Sign up for their email blasts. They offer deals on ammo, shipping and sometimes free stuff. Good ammo, good people.

Don't pay attention to this guy :rolleyes:
Only specials PRIME ever offers is free shipping. I think they have sales few and far between and it never any of the "good" stuff that everyone wants.

d9f26fd70692ae920361c85e5870a94b.png

Father's Day sale...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting fantastic results with Prime in both .260 Remington and in 6.5 Creedmoor in multiple platforms, both gas guns as well as bolt guns. Prime has consistently produced low SD (typically 12 FPS for a ten round sample) plus highest MV of any over the counter commercial ammo I've ever used in these calibers. Plus, when done, you're left with Norma brass.

The only thing I've used that can top it is custom ammo from McCourt Munitions.

I've tried the 7.62mm in my AI AT, my Larue tOBR and OBR and my KAC ECC. I've tried the 6.5 Creedmoor in my AT and I have tried their 22LR in my Annie. Always great results. Some of the most consistent factory loaded ammo I have ever used.

Plus....they are awesome to do business with

Does Prime Ammo ever run any deals, specials, etc? I was hoping for something over Memorial Day, but there wasn't a sale. I have never used their ammo and am interested in trying it out. Want to make a fairly large purchase sooner than later. Just curious if they're known for running sales on certain holidays (July 4th, Cyber Monday maybe)??

I also intend to get into reloading and want to save all my brass. What do you guys use to catch your brass at the range? Thanks!

Specials are used to clear old stock. Prime is always selling out - so why would they run a special?

They also now have an ammunition subscription service available that offers some discounts when you sign up for regular shipments. Get on their email list to receive offers. Usually not huge discounts, but as said above, they are shipping as fast as they can so little incentive to cut price.