• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prime Ammo

comparison with hornady eldm 140 and 147? sd & es? obviously the BC is lower vs hornady 147 and prob 140 also.

got on their web sight.......all I see for .308 is $32.00 for 20 rounds.......where is the sale at that price?.......case price is $1.29 + a round.......

Reactions: Lionsbreath
Bought a couple of cases of .308 FGMM on this sight 168g, 0.82 per round, that was delivered.......shoots fine in my guns.........

Can someone provide a link to the sale, I am not seeing it on the website.

Looks like the sale is on the case price. $266 is standard price for a case of 6.5, it's down to $235 right now.

All I can say is wow!
I got a shipping notice 5 minutes after my order yesterday. Figured a label was just created.
Today the order showed up! Will be my 1st time using Prime ammo. Hope they have more sales.

Hmm buy 400 Lapua cases or 400 rounds of Prime. Needless to say I was pumped when I got the email

Reactions: Eadle
Free shipping too!
Bought 2 cases of .308 and am contemplating buying a case of .223 Win. Anybody have experience with the 75+ great ammo? It'd be for bolt gun.

Free shipping too!
Bought 2 cases of .308 and am contemplating buying a case of .223 Win. Anybody have experience with the 75+ great ammo? It'd be for bolt gun.

I got a case of the 55gr for a trainer bolt gun, distances 200-500 yards.

Last edited:
Free shipping too!

I don’t see a 75gr option? Maybe it sold out?

Like Prime but the .260 Rem is pretty temp sensitive.

I didn’t have that problem at all. Single digit Wisconsin winter, to hot South Dakota spring and Wisconsin summer my numbers were fairly stable.

Here are my numbers. All taken on the same day at Core with a Magnetospeed and all ammunition kept in the shade in original box until time to shoot. I was deliberately careful because I wanted true results.

PRIME 130gr
Temperature (F): 42
Density Altitude (Ft): -380
Velocity FPS: 2882
Standard Deviation: 14

Temperature (F): 45
Density Altitude (Ft): -740
Velocity FPS: 2911
Standard Deviation: 10

Temperature (F): 54
Density Altitude (Ft): -260
Velocity FPS: 2910
Standard Deviation: 15

Temperature (F): 62
Density Altitude (Ft): 257
Velocity FPS: 2921
Standard Deviation: 15

Temperature (F): 78
Density Altitude (Ft): 1360
Velocity FPS: 2935
Standard Deviation: 12

Last edited:
Total those numbers up and you get an SD of 19.5 with a mean of 2911.8 which doesn't seem to hateful for factory ammo.

It’s solid ammo with a respectable SD at each temp level but a 50 FPS change through sub 40 degrees F change makes this temp sensitive ammunition. I can live with it because I’ve recorded the difference and account for it. As long as it’s consistent from lot to lot it’s fine.

139F45D9-9EB2-4CFA-95B1-2BC15888DE1C.png

This was on they’re Instagram a little while ago.

Shot some of my .260 Prime today out of a semi auto. It's faster than my reloads but shoots good if I do my part.
Primers were cratered a little though.
0FOxzxO.jpg

DIGe5td.jpg

Could it be as simple as this ammo being to hot for a semi? Don't see those marks on my hand loaded brass.

Yeah, how are you getting two ejector marks on factory ammo? It’s either not factory ammo or it’s somehow bouncing?

Edit: it’s a semi, so bouncing actually can be a possibility. Have an adjustable block? Are you running +2 length?

It's factory Prime ammo.
Larue rifle. Only gas adjustment is 'less' or 'more' for suppressed use via the switch in the gas block.