• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment Primed LC 308 pull down in stock

I have been using LC 308 military brass in bolt guns since I started reloading. I also use lapua and Norma brass. One needs to reduce the powder charge by 1-1.5 grain due to the reduced internal volume (thicker wall) of the LC brass. Also need to swag the prime pocket the first time it’s prepped (to remove crimp). No difference in accuracy. Prime pocket stayed tight after 10 reloading ( I never went beyond that). The speed may be 50 fps slower than lapua brass due to smaller internal volume and reduced charge.

I have been using LC 308 military brass in bolt guns since I started reloading. I also use lapua and Norma brass. One needs to reduce the powder charge by 1-1.5 grain due to the reduced internal volume (thicker wall) of the LC brass. Also need to swag the prime pocket the first time it’s prepped (to remove crimp). No difference in accuracy. Prime pocket stayed tight after 10 reloading ( I never went beyond that). The speed may be 50 fps slower than lapua brass due to smaller internal volume and reduced charge.
Ok. Cool. I'm going to do it and just load up 500 to put away so I'm not that concerned with reloading it again really, at least right now. I have lapua for that

I've shot 1000's and sold many 1000 LC new primed pull down here on the Hide.

I suggest getting a case gauge and checking them. I separated them in batches of 100....some do need the shoulder bumped back slightly that won't chamber.. .necks dented...

But if you run them through your FL sizing die without decapping pin they are good to go. I've shot a ton and still have 2000-3000....I mostly fill ammo cans with them for my 308 gasser but nothing wrong with shooting them in a bolt gun.

For a bolt gun I weight sorted 100 after first firing and depriming....then fully prepped them...shoots as good as anything else