• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primer / Case inspection

padronanniversary

Sergeant
Minuteman
Hi guys, after reading about case exploding thread, I was hoping that someone would be able to post pictures of good primers and bad primers and the signs of over pressure, seating depth, etc.

I searched this site and the internet and did not come across much.

Thanks in advance

Re: Primer inspection

LOL ! I'm just looking at the cratering aspects of it. I used al always just go on feel of the bolt, but now it has me thinking. I also just ordered some oakley glasses up just for shooting, gonna start making it a habbit that's for sure.

Don't have any pictures, but you can allways watch for plunger marks on your brass as well as shiny spots from your bolt after extraction. PM sent

EjectorMark_01.jpg

This was provided by trigger time---Thanks. so is it bad to have the mark on your brass like this i.e. the right two casings ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This was provided by trigger time---Thanks. so is it bad to have the mark on your brass like this i.e. the right two casings ?
</div></div>

YES, that is a sure indicator of over pressure. I don't use the looking at primer method unless they fall out or are pierced. All the ones pictured look over pressure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Normal for FGMM......................not right, but normal. </div></div>

Yeah FGMM is some soft ass brass, I get ejector flow marks from factory loaded .308 FGMM.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what method do you use for overpressure ? </div></div>

A chrono + published data. If I see ejector marks like pictured above nothing else I need to use.

IMG_0321.jpg

Ok, here are some of my pictures I took after inspecting my brass.

Here is the load, 43.2 varget, CCI BR2 primers, lapua 308 brass, 175 smk. gets me 2750 fps out of my GAP crusader.

If you looks at the cpiture above, u will see small cracks that extend outward. This brass was shot 4 times.