• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primer Catch for MEC Marksman

OneMilRight

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2023
A Free State
I created a little primer catch for the MEC Marksman and figured if anyone else wanted the files to create one too I'd share them here.
This design works with either a 1/2 ID tube, or directly into a bin of some kind. If anyone has any feedback I'd love to hear it.

Print settings:
Material: PLA+, ABS, or ASA
Supports: Yes
Support Overhang: 30 degrees
Top/Bottom Layers: 5
Walls: 5
Layer Height: .2

MEC_Marksman_Primer_Catch.png

Attachments

• MEC_Marksman_Primer_Catch.zip
    194.9 KB · Views: 24
How does that work? I can't use the crappy little catch bin that came with it because I have mine mounted on a qc workbase and it hits the base. I'd love to see how what you've made fits in there

How does that work? I can't use the crappy little catch bin that came with it because I have mine mounted on a qc workbase and it hits the base. I'd love to see how what you've made fits in there
So there is a slot in the bottom of the part that fits the metal tab below the rivet. The part is exactly wide enough to be held in place against the little ramp. I'm currently using an Inline Fabrication Ultra Mount, but I have the flush mount as well, and it fits both, but with the flush mount you have to install the catch after you mount the press. Basically the catch acts as a funnel and keeps the primers from flying everywhere. I've attached a few pictures to show you how it fits. The primers come out of the little spout at the bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_2587.JPG
    IMG_2587.JPG
    349.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2588.JPG
    IMG_2588.JPG
    349.2 KB · Views: 22
Thats cool. I had a funnel printed that magnet attached to catch primers under it but it's not 100%.

Does your catch protrude under your top plate at all though? That's what caused me the trouble. The qd base has a flat metal wall there under the press so it can't go past that point.

Attachments

• 20240118_162857.jpg
    20240118_162857.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 18
Thats cool. I had a funnel printed that magnet attached to catch primers under it but it's not 100%.

Does your catch protrude under your top plate at all though? That's what caused me the trouble. The qd base has a flat metal wall there under the press so it can't go past that point.
How much room do you have between where the bracket attaches and your QD base? This design takes up about 49mm from the point where the bracket attaches (including the bracket). I could reduce it more by having the primers drop out of the sides, but its more prone them getting stuck due to the primers taking a 90 turn while dropping, but it could be done.

Yeah I think I've only got 43 ish millimeters. It's ok, I think I'm gonna sell ghe MEC and get a Nexus for that spot which will eliminate this issue. The MEC I'd a great press but not the best for the qc workbase.