• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primer for 7828 ssc

gewehr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2013
Gillette WY
First off I am not sure if this belongs in reloading rather than the depot?I have used 7828 ssc for a few loads I loaded for some friends (mainly because I could get it last year) I never tested, so I was wondering what primers people were using with this powder? Please no general "I use cci mags" or "federal 215m's", I have found certain powders like certain primers better than others regardless of case (though cases do affect which primer works best), so any actual experience with this powder would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are you running it in? I run about 45 gr. In my 243 ai , with CCI 200's, works very well.

Is that to general? What else do you need?

Thanks for the data so far. I am going to run it in a 330 Dakota this weekend and was simply wondering what primer tends to work well for people regardless of cartridge.

So far cci 250s seem to give the lowest extreme spreads, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddly enough I switched to using federal 210m's and have had even better ES's so I am a happy camper:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk