• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primer pocket swager

sled_mack

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2008
Slatington, PA
On the Scout site there was a thread on primer pocket swagers. I've lost the link. And I figure there is no harm in getting good info here, so...

Someone posted a link to a swager that installs in a press like a die. I forget the details, but there was no need to run the ram all the way down, just far enough to swap cases out. If anyone recognizes what I am talking about, I'd appreciate a name to search for.

Thanks!

I recall something kinda neat also, but take my word, anything you buy like that is just a stepping stone to a Dillon swager, and it's resale value not high.

Here is the RCBS swager is this what your looking for?

Attachments

• photo48030.jpg
    photo48030.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 10
Nexus. A swager is used to iron out the primer pocket crimp usually found on military cases allowing you to reprime the case. This operation only needs done one time.

On the Scout site there was a thread on primer pocket swagers. I've lost the link. And I figure there is no harm in getting good info here, so...

Someone posted a link to a swager that installs in a press like a die. I forget the details, but there was no need to run the ram all the way down, just far enough to swap cases out. If anyone recognizes what I am talking about, I'd appreciate a name to search for.

Thanks!

I think this is what you're looking for:
http://www.ch4d.com/products/equipment/case-tools/psk

This thing is very sensitive to adjustment but once you get it set you can breeze through a lot of brass. Only takes a couple inches travel on the handle of my Rock Chucker

I used to that and personally prefer the mounted ones if you're going to do high volumes of brass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk