• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primer pocket uniforming depth

Twitch2120

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I bought a Sinclair uniformer to use on my 308 brass. I had a lot of fgmm and win brass so I weight sorted and picked the best 50 of each. Did the brass prep thing. Sinclair says their cutter uses the shoulder as a stop so I cut till that sob quit. Well I seat some fed 210m and I'm looking a little deep. .005 deep. Is this a case of tool being max spec and primer being closer to min? Did I cut too far? Gonna dry fire a few and see if they pop before I spend a few hours charging and seating. For future reference should I just cut a nice seating area instead of pretty much the entire pocket?

You won't be able to sell your reloads to the military, they want the primers .008 below flush.
See bottom military cartridge drawing center right, (Primer seating -.008 below case)

Below primer and primer pocket plus and minus dimensions

pocketdepth_zpsb6063cfa.jpg

m14chamber_zps93174da1.jpg

Last edited: