• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

primer pocket uniforming?

Distance shooter

Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
California
I uniform my primer pockets after each firing with a sinclair primer pocket uniformer and was wandering if anyone else does the same thing. I figure that since I need to clean the primer pockets, why not uniform them? I have not had any adverse effect from doing this, just wandering if anyone else has had any issues or know of any issues with this process? Thanks in advance for any input.

Re: primer pocket uniforming?

i use my uniformer to clean the pockets as well... i've found that about the 2nd firing after uniforming, the brass "settles" and the cutter will stop digging into the brass and just clean the pocket.

Thanks, I was curious if anyone else did this and if they had any issues. It looks like there should be no adverse problems later.

I also uniform primer pockets, and find that primers seat easier and flatter with more consistent depth.

I use RCBS swedger to tighten primer pockets after multi firings, not usually included in pocket uniform dicussions

I also uniform each time and have no issues after doing this for thousands of rounds. I shoot my brass in the .308 min of 10x fyi.

I started doing this too as a simple way to clean primer pockets each time, and also noticed a decreasing amount of brass removed after the first two times.