• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

primer shelf life?

jimmyrjessie

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2009
I am talking to a gentelman on here about buying some primers from him a case of 5000 it will take me like 5 or 6 yr. to use all of them will they be ok.

Re: primer shelf life?

Yes, they will be fine. I use some for my personal plinking loads from the 60's and 70's and they work fine. Once you start loading, you will shoot more, so 5K won't last as long as you think.

ok i kinda thought it would be nice too them all being out of the same lot.

Primers made recently will last almost indefinitely, IF they're kept cool and dry. Average household conditions are just fine.

Store them in a cool DRY place. I prefer to use a 50 cal ammo can with several desi-paks thrown in. Keep them cool & dry and they'll last a LONG time. Keep them actually in the factory containers.

last about 6 mounths better let me have half of them so they wont go bad

" it will take me like 5 or 6 yr. to use all of them will they be ok."

A measely 6 years will mean nothing to them. Some of mine are well over 5 times that old, work fine.

thank you guys thats good to know they are hard to find and the guy im dealing with is very nice the people on here are all very nice and are always helpful thanks to all!

I'm still using some that have a price tag of 6.99 per thsd on them...the good ol days!!!

Just keep them dry