• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primer tool- need new one

Never had a hand one. I will look at them. I alway used the one on my rcbs press

Reactions: MJF
I've been using the same RCBS hand primer tool for the last 25 years. If it ever breaks I will buy the same exact one again. It has been a great product.

Same, although they sent me the captive rod update kit a few years ago for free.

Reactions: MJF
Is the hand primer tool hard on hands if you gotta do over 100? I do manuel labor and my hands get to hurting with arthritis

Primal Rights....but honestly...the Lee benchtop primer...mounted with an Inline Fabrication mount served me well for a long time. Hand primers...bleh...no thank you.

Forster Coax press but I’ll eventually get a CPS primer seater

Reactions: RS14
Honestly, I love my 21 Century Hand primer. Is feeding one primer at a time slow, yup, but I also chuck on some Netflix, and load away. I can do 200 cases in 25min, which for me is fine. If you want the same consistency and much faster speed, then the CPS is your best bet. That being said, the machining, consistency, and feel of the 21 Century is awesome, and you wont be eating Ramen for a month. Also, if you intend on moving up to a CPS, the 21Century holds its value well. All about what you want to do.

Cheap, Consistent, Fast.
Choose 2

Using the RCBS bench tool. It’s been mostly awesome. For whatever reason Federal small rifle primers like to miss the plunger. Don’t have this issue with CCIs. I do plan on upgrading to the Primal Rights CPS in the near feature.

Reactions: joemusso
Looking at that rcbs auto bench one. $105 i have cabela points so only $65. Does it use same shell holders as the rcbs press

A lot of us are too poor for it...but somehow we keep eating Ramen and selling body fluids and working over time...and when we think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel...someone invents something else that we 'need'.

A lot of us are too poor for it...but somehow we keep eating Ramen and selling body fluids and working over time...and when we think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel...someone invents something else that we 'need'.
You think this is bad, take a look at the DSLR camera market. We're getting off cheap....... :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: whiskeytower
21st century.....I can tell if it seats to easy and is adjustable too for primer depth. Also have Frankford it works good. Both better than the old Lee..

I like the RCBS bench primer tool.. I used the universal hand primer for awhile. It’ll get the job done however if you’re loading a couple hundred a week than hand priming get a little old.

Did I make it before people start telling you to buy $600 primer seaters?

The primer mister will be on us asap now.

Expect full dissertation as to why everything else sucks.

Whatever is on the press I'm running.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
The primer mister will be on us asap now.

Expect full dissertation as to why everything else sucks.

😂 I would like to run for Primer Minister now, on a platform of CPS's and 4 cent primers for all!

People don't blink when it comes to autotricklers and such, but for a precision primer seater that doesn't make your hands sore after 50 rounds is too much. You can get similar performance from the click adjust handheld units, but you pay for the reduced strain and increased speed.

X5 on the Primal Rights CPS. Simply the best.

8D39F079-6CF0-4C5B-A741-72F101B9997A.jpeg

Reactions: wborum and jcam
You still get a good feel with the RCBS. I was using the Frankford adjustable hand tool when I started.

I wish Primal Rights would release the CPS Lite again for us poor's. I have a spare press not doing much these days. That looked like the perfect seater to me and was much less than the full CPS.

Reactions: 260284
If I wasn’t going to use a CPS, I’d just get a Dillon 750 and do the prep/priming on that.

Justifying a $650 press that does basically everything is easier than justifying a $600 priming tool.

Primal CPS and a Lyman E-ZEE backup, which will probably never be used again.

I’ve had the same RCBS auto prime for over 30 years and it’s still going strong. I wore out the bottoms of several primer spindles and RCBS just sends me new ones.

I’ve used my Dillon’s to just size and prime on occasion, if I want to weigh out powder charges. Then seat on the single stage.