• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Primer ?

Herd Thinner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
I know that softer primers in AR platforms "should" be harder to lessen the slam fires. My question is for a bolt gun I have three brands of primers. The only reason is during the shortage I bought what I could. With that I have remington 9 1/2, Winchester large rifle and my go to CCI. I know they will potentially change the dynamics of my load but my question is are the 9 1/2 and Winchester ok to use in a bolt gun. Any pros or cons. Dumb question to most but inquiring minds want to know.

HT,

Other than my stash of plated Win. primers, I gravitate towards the mil spec CCI primers for autoloaders.

HTH,
DocB

Q&D Primer data

Rem 700 5R 308. 175 SMK, Norma Brass, Varget - 44.4 Gr. I think I really like the Remington LR Primers.

Good Luck,

Attachments

• PRIMER_DATA.jpg
    PRIMER_DATA.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 12
  • PRIMER_TARGET.jpg
    PRIMER_TARGET.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited: