• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

primers for 7mm rem mag?

Re: primers for 7mm rem mag?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSPKurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use Federal Gold Medal Large Rifle Magnum Match. GM215M, I believe. </div></div>

Same here . . .

And Retumbo powder.

hue, i use winchester LRM primes and they have worked very well for me. it realy depends what you plan on doing with your 7mm mag.

I have been using Fed match MAG primers with RL19 & Accubond 160gr bullets. I am getting >1/4" groups at 100yds out of my Savage.

Quite honestly, you need to test them. Everyone has their own recipe and it really depends on what powder you are using and what your rifle likes. With mine, I started with Win LRM primers and moved to CCI 250's which gave me better accuracy. If you're shooting heavy bullets, a good rule of thumb is to stick with magnum rated primers and a slower burning powder. The combo I settled on is CCI 250's, RL-25 and 175 SMKs.