• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Priming 6.5x47 Lapua with large Primer Shelholder

Wildwillalaska

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
So I am getting tooled up to load for my new 6.5x47 Lapua and have a quick question. Tried looking and search and didn't find an answer, so relying on you good folks.

So I understand I can use #3 rcbs shelholder but that as a large hole for primers, will I run into problems when I try to prime brass using primer tool that uses the shellholder to lineup the primers with primer pocket?

Thanks,

Will

What kind, or brand of priming tool? Most have inserts for small and large, RCBS large is black, small white. If you have the right insert, you'll be fine.

It's an RCBS--maybe I just need to go and play with the other parts. All of the calibers I have been loading the past few years are all large primer. Not even sure I remember where the white insert is anymore. Have the small rod, but I'll have to look for a white insert.

Thanks.