• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

priming on my hornady ezeject

canuck4570

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2008
Ile Bizard near Montreal
have to push very hard on the handle to seat my primers
I don't think this is normal
anyone of you have the same problem?
if yes what did you do to fix this....
thank Michel....

Re: priming on my hornady ezeject

Thats not normal. The ezject does not affect the priming process. Sure you're using the right size seater plug?

yes, large rifle,
many of us have look at the press and nobody can find the problem....
have a email sent to hornady, have not received a reply yet should be in this week....
beside that the press is a charm to operate

Could be primer

some like WOLF run on large side

If its new brass could be undersize pocket..maybe

How does it feel without any primers? Wonder if the ezject floor plate has an undersized, or misalligned primer whole.

If the hole is misaligned the machine will give a slight snap or pop as the primer
seats. Have you primed the same brass in a different priming tool? It could be a
brass problem. There is a small adjustment on the op rod that can be made at the
top for the pick up but not at the bottom. Make sure the underside of the slide has
a chamfered hole and is smooth with no burrs. Same for the seater. Also make sure
the pocket on the plate it slides into is free from debris (like powder)

Other than checking for proper indexing of the shell plate I'm afraid that I don't have much to add. I touched my slider up with emery cloth when I first assembled the device. The only problems I've had with mine have involved stray flakes of powder finding their way into the works. I keep a can of compressed air on my bench to blow debris away and disassemble & clean the thing every thousand rounds or so.

made a search on google and a lot of ezeject user have the same problem and their solution was to put a steel disk under the priming punch to change the press arm position when it start the priming process giving the press more leverage.... the disk is .200 thick and to my surprise it works.....
thank for the help
hope this solution help's other shooter who will read this....
this problem is only on the latest model called the ezeject.....
Michel.....

You got any pics of the solution? I would still talk to Hornady.