• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Printable data forms for Log Book

stephenmaturin

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2006
South Europe frontier
Excuse me, I´m looking for a pdf archive with differents log forms. I´ve seen it one time and know I´m looking for it with search machine and I can´t find. I´d be grateful to link it again. Thanks,

Javier.

Re: Printable data forms for Log Book

The link no longer works. Does anyone have a current one?

Fusilier

Thanks. I sent an e-mail to OregonShooter and he pointed me to the link - as per Sig685.

Mechanic:

PM is on the way.

Thanks all.
Fusilier

Good link. Thank you Sig685 and 45.308

If it's on the Internet, I can find it. :) This one was dead easy; there was a link right on his default page.

How many here remember Archie, Jughead, Veronica and Gopher? I've been doing this a (very) long time.

Glad to be of help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sig685</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it's on the Internet, I can find it. :) This one was dead easy; there was a link right on his default page.

How many here remember Archie, Jughead, Veronica and Gopher? I've been doing this a (very) long time.

Glad to be of help. </div></div>

Heck I even remember Fido and Gopher By Mail (but that was a dark period for so many reasons). Thanks again

Fusilier

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sig685</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gosh Javier, you give up easy. The file had moved at the site.

Try this link:
http://www.oregonshooter.com/index.php/articles/view/rifle_logbook/

It's at the bottom of the page. I downloaded it and it's chock full of good stuff. </div></div>

This is awesome! I just ordered the stuff I need to put together my own. Thanks Sig.

Great article and to think i was bout to start making my own... that just saved my weekend

Very handy log book! Excellent! will eventually put one together!

Question: Under section labeled "Common Measurements" on pages 1 - 5, it lists a 55 Gallon barrel size as being 12" x 15".

Is that an accurate measurement?

If not, is there a want to edit the pages using software?

If so, what software is needed?

Thanks!

I've been working on my own log book based on stuff I've found and downloaded (here as well as elsewhere), books and stuff I've just figured out. If you're interested feel free to check it out at

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Recreation/AMA/SniperLogBook20081217.pdf

It's designed to print double sided, flipped up, and then cut in half. Most of the pages should look familiar but tailored them for what I think I want and I've created two brand new ones (at the end): a range chronograph recording form and a reloading data form.

I print on card stock (cover stock from Staples), cut it in half and three hole punch the results. I have a three ring binder in a commercial binder cover (Canadian made in CADPAT) along with pens, templates, a small thermometer (with a tiny compass) and a full size Silva compass that has both mils and degrees scales. The Silva compass even has a neat little slope measuring device.

Let me know what you think. If you want, I can post photos of my kit if anyone wants.

Cheers,
Fusilier

Thank you Fusilier. That was exactly what I was looking for. Great job on the log book.

Edit - I'd like to see a picture or two of your kit.

Here's some photos. Comments and hints appreciated.

Outside of Log Book:
Image_1.jpg

Outside of Log Book with flap up and pen holes visible:
Image_2.jpg

Inside of Log Book showing small zippered pouch where I keep my compass:
Image_3.jpg

Silva Model 515 Ranger Compass with Mils AND Degrees scales AND slope indicator. Look close at the small black arrow pointing down and you'll see the compass in the photo is sloped up at 40 degrees:
Image_4.jpg

Back of Log Book showing back zippered pocket where I keep a Rite In The Rain all weather note book (shown):
Image_5.jpg

Close up of Suunto thermometer and back up compass:
Image_6.jpg

Sample inside shot:
Image_7.jpg

Enjoy.

I'd love to see what other people are using.

Fusilier.

guys i have a question. how do you use the diagram on the range card with the arcs? what is it used for?

thank you very much for sharing your book. it will be very useful to me.

It´s usefull when you take a shooting position or observation or in recon trip, you can Laser some remarkable iems at diferents distances, you write the distnace and draw it in the paper. So when contiditions change, night, low light or rapid engagement, you will know that all objects in an arc describe since the same position to that known on the paper object are at a known distance so you will be able to dial the EREK quickly or directly when you are obs you can dray the object-line-elevation in the data book.
I hope explain it correctly.

Regards,

javier.

ah that makes sense to me. thank you. that will be a great help on hunts. im building a new gun to use for elk and punching holes in paper.

UM!

First, thanks to Oregon shooters and you other fellows for sharing your well made books. I have questions: about errors?

In the Oregon shooter book, it says that if Humidity goes up, poi will go down? I'm told that up with hum. means a high poi. yes?

Secondly, The whole equation of

"yards x velocity
--------------------- = mils
constant"

is new to me. (I just had been relying on a dope card my whole life) But it;s good to learn something new: how do i come up with the constants for my load? (it's been too long since algebra class to remember how to re-jumble equations!)

Thanks.
T

PS-- Ive never seen a 55 gallon drum OR a cinder block that tiny before!

Fusilier, thanks for sharing the info. Putting my kit together and this will be a valuable addition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vinconco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of ink should be used to print on the Rite in Rain paper? </div></div>

Laser only, ink will smudge.

Cheers,

Doc

Guys,
This here is some outstanding work..

Great information here, thanks for sharing.

ive measured some of the stuff around me
5 gal bucket 12"wide x15" tall
55 gal drum- 23"wide x 35"tall
40 gal drum- 18"wide x 30"tall
cinder block small 6"deep 8"tall x 16"wide
cinder block medium 8"deep 8"tall x 16"wide
cinder block large 12"deep 8"tall x 16"wide
brick 2"tall x 3 1/2"deep x 8"wide

I also have some additional downloadable data sheets here Shooting Voodoo Data Book Pages on my website for those that are interested. In addition to that is an article, here, that I wrote regarding the use of the data book as well as some other aspects of data management. I hope you enjoy and find the information useful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fusilier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's some photos. Comments and hints appreciated.

Outside of Log Book:
Image_1.jpg

Outside of Log Book with flap up and pen holes visible:
Image_2.jpg

Inside of Log Book showing small zippered pouch where I keep my compass:
Image_3.jpg

Silva Model 515 Ranger Compass with Mils AND Degrees scales AND slope indicator. Look close at the small black arrow pointing down and you'll see the compass in the photo is sloped up at 40 degrees:
Image_4.jpg

Back of Log Book showing back zippered pocket where I keep a Rite In The Rain all weather note book (shown):
Image_5.jpg

Close up of Suunto thermometer and back up compass:
Image_6.jpg

Sample inside shot:
Image_7.jpg

Enjoy.

I'd love to see what other people are using.

Fusilier. </div></div>

Could you tell me where you got the case itself. I tried to find it using the info given and it appears to be discontinued. Any guidance would be appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mprtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Could you tell me where you got the case itself. I tried to find it using the info given and it appears to be discontinued. Any guidance would be appreciated. </div></div>

I'm not sure if there is any restriction on posting URLs for outside sites but the particular book (3 ring binder) cover I use is the Combat Leaders Case #3 Small - ID Code: 2024, on the www. cpgear.com web site. You should be able to find it under "FMPs, CLCs & Field Stationary".

I hope that helps, I'll try to PM you the link directly to the product. I have one in the green CADPAT and one in arid CADPAT.

Looks like that particular cover holds an 8" binder. Is there enough extra room to hold an impact data book which is listed as 9 1/8"?

I've got mine in my lap. The binder I use is a standard ( I guess ) binder for 8.5 x 5.5 paper and the cover of the binder is 9.25 inches tall. It slides into a pocket on the cover with almost (just barely) another 3/4 inch to spare.

A 9-1/8" tall cover/binder should fit no problem at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fusilier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got mine in my lap. The binder I use is a standard ( I guess ) binder for 8.5 x 5.5 paper and the cover of the binder is 9.25 inches tall. It slides into a pocket on the cover with almost (just barely) another 3/4 inch to spare.

A 9-1/8" tall cover/binder should fit no problem at all. </div></div>

Thanks for checking that sounds good.