• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Printing Training PDF

smokshwn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2004
Salt Lake UT
I cannot print the PDF's that are included in the training lessons in the online training forum.

Is this something that I need to work on in my system or are others having the same problem?

Thanks in advance, Craig

Re: Printing Training PDF

-deleted-

my bad. didn't know this was discused in another thread and was, from my present understanding, not meant to be 'printed'....sooo sorry! im brand new here and hadn't run into the other thread yet.

I thought that he was having trouble opening something on the interenet, like a reasearch document or report, which has happened alot to me lately.

MY DEEPEST AND SINCEREST APOLOGIES TO EVERYONE, THE PROVIDER< AND THE AUTHER. I just wanted to contribute and help someone. sorry.

Why would you need to print them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrownpotDeaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i usually get around that with the print screen button..wink.. </div></div>

come on man, Frank said he didnt want them printed...this is a golden egg with the online training and the only thing he doesnt want is the PDFs printed......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrownpotDeaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i usually get around that with the print screen button..wink.. </div></div>

Basically your saying you don't give a shit what the rules are, or respect the author of the material.

I own and authored a training program also, it is people like you that screw it up for everyone else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would you need to print them?

</div></div>

Because I was planning on making ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

Why do you care?

The why is so that I can have some notes at the range, read them in bed at night, sit in a comfy chair and review without a lap top on my legs, read them on a flight in the last hour, use more paper and trees to piss off the hippies....any of a number of legit reasons. I thought for several reasons that it would be nice to be able to review/read/study them at my leisure, or at times when internet access is limite (quite often for me).

I was unaware Frank had asked for them to not be printed there was another thread where it was mentioned by a poster that he was having trouble with the pdf's, one problem mentioned was printing. In Frank's next post he mentioned the pdf's had been fixed. No mention of don't print them. Out of respect for Frank and Jason, no big deal but my assumption would be that since this is a paid subscription it should not be that big of a problem to reproduce a pdf for personal use.

dude_cat_epiclosers.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would you need to print them?

</div></div>

Why do you care?

The why is so that I can have some notes at the range, read them in bed at night, sit in a comfy chair and review without a lap top on my legs, read them on a flight in the last hour, use more paper and trees to piss off the hippies....any of a number of legit reasons. I thought for several reasons that it would be nice to be able to review/read/study them at my leisure, or at times when internet access is limite (quite often for me).

I was unaware Frank had asked for them to not be printed there was another thread where it was mentioned by a poster that he was having trouble with the pdf's, one problem mentioned was printing. In Frank's next post he mentioned the pdf's had been fixed. No mention of don't print them. My assumption would be that since this is a paid subscription it should not be that big of deal to reproduce a pdf for personal use.

</div></div>

Call up Roy at SOT in Utah county and take an additional class from him...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would you need to print them?

</div></div>

Why do you care?

I was unaware Frank had asked for them to not be printed there was another thread where it was mentioned by a poster that he was having trouble with the pdf's, one problem mentioned was printing. In Frank's next post he mentioned the pdf's had been fixed. No mention of don't print them. My assumption would be that since this is a paid subscription it should not be that big of deal to reproduce a pdf for personal use.

</div></div>

Call up Roy at SOT in Utah county and take an additional class from him... </div></div>

The big plan is to get down to RO for a class. Not so much a funding issue as it is getting it scheduled.

As time allows I will try to hit one of Roy's classes as well, its pretty convenient as far as locale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would you need to print them?

</div></div>

Why do you care?
</div></div>

Because while your reasons might be legit and understandable, life has taught me that more often than not, questions directed at solutions to emplaced obstacles aren't asked by people with legitimate intentions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Lessons will be added twice a month as attachments which can be read, but <span style="font-weight: bold">will not be printable</span> or editable. We ask that the subscriber not disseminate the information provided.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would you need to print them?

</div></div>

Why do you care?
</div></div>

Because while your reasons might be legit and understandable, life has taught me that more often than not, questions directed at solutions to emplaced obstacles aren't asked by people with legitimate intentions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Lessons will be added twice a month as attachments which can be read, but <span style="font-weight: bold">will not be printable</span> or editable. We ask that the subscriber not disseminate the information provided.</div></div>

</div></div>

From a poster in another thread
"Please continue to publish the .pdf's with the lessons (polished or not) - they're great! The reason I posted at all was because I like to keep a notebook of your lessons, and print them out, three-hole punch 'em, put 'em in a binder and review them quite often. However, the .pdf format of the current lesson for some reason doesn't allow me to print them out, or even copy/paste them into another text editor. Not sure why...?"

Frank's reply
"The Video and PDF for this lesson has been repaired and reformatted to correct the problems encountered early.

As well I have added some interactive features to further detail the rifle and equipment being used, as well you can download the Lesson for this video separately or from within the video.

thanks"

Can't imagine how I would have thought that printing them was ok with Frank. The original poster explicitly mentioned a problem printing.

But glad to know from a keyboard in a land far away you can perceive my evil and illegitimate intentions.

What may have been helpful from you is simply stating they were not intended to be printed, or directing me to the post you so easily cited above. Instead you have to start an inquiry as if you have been granted the power of arbitration if my answer passes your muster. Leave that to Frank.

So, hey Frank.
Can we print your PDF's?
That should clear it up.

The PDFs are not designed to be printed and in most cases, they should be locked to prevent printing, copying, pasting, editing, etc. A few made it through without the lock simply due to operator error. Meaning I screwed up and put it out without encrypting the files. But the files are encrypted, so that should tell you something right there.

One of the issues, I solved after I realized it, certain programs have universal access features that are designed for impaired persons, so their computers, or computers with this universal access turned on can override the early PDFs. When I learned this was the issue I locked that part of the files as well.

So, the idea is <span style="font-weight: bold">not to</span> print, copy, email, sent to your buddy who too cheap to pay $10.

I understand some people will do what ever they can for whatever reason they think works for them in order to satisfy themselves, and print them, email them, whatever. Those people are violating the agreement I felt we had, and do risk future lessons being published without written materials to go along with the videos.

I also understand some will do what they can to grab the videos, that too is not what these lessons are about.

Since we can't look over your shoulders, we do what we can to prevent as much of this as possible. But I understand some of you will still do it. I really shouldn't have to repeat myself over and over about this, as I figured I was pretty clear the first time, but clearly there is a debate about this.

Well, do me a favor, don't print, email, copy, transfer, screen shot, or anything like that any of the lessons, including the videos and PDF files.

Thanks,

We like doing the lessons and in fact the new main site is being done right now, this will include an online training section, both Basic and Advanced that will be removed from Pay Pal and be on a real credit card billing service. I flew in last night and today I spend most of my time putting everything into play. The new service should be ready to roll in about 15 days, give or take.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> certain programs have universal access features that are designed for impaired persons, so their computers, or computers with this universal access turned on can override the early PDFs. </div></div>

Wait...so CKA can print them, but I can't? Damn it.

Thanks for the clarification, Frank.

Thanks Frank.

For the record I had just signed up last week or so and hadn't read all of the initial threads and just started going through the training videos, when I stumbled upon the posts that led me to think printing for personal use was ok.

I guess it s time for a new plan to make ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

Yeah, it would be nice to take the notes to the range and work on the fundamentals but i guess some clown will ruin it for all.

Sad if you really think about it.

Does anyone know if Larue makes a mount for a 3G Aircard?

People are going to do what they do.........but why would someone type tips on how to copy it when Frank asked it not be done. What a slap in the face! I don't know about you, but the info that is posted in the on-line training section is unlike anything available....anywhere....people keep pushing the limits and that resource will surely be taken away......what a shame if that is lost.....

just a copy of what i changed my post to. I want to say i am truly sorry, to everyone,not just the origonal author. As explained, i am new and saw an opportunity to help someone, but didn't know all the specifics yet. I certainly don't want to be the cause for the loss of a helpful resource, and will not allow myself to slip like this again. my heart felt apologies to everyone!

"deleted-

my bad. didn't know this was discused in another thread and was, from my present understanding, not meant to be 'printed'....sooo sorry! im brand new here and hadn't run into the other thread/information yet.

I thought that he was having trouble opening something on the interenet" (essentially a software problem)" which has happened alot to me lately.

MY DEEPEST AND SINCEREST APOLOGIES TO EVERYONE, THE PROVIDER, AND THE AUTHER. I just wanted to contribute and help someone. sorry.

Edited by BrownpotDeaton (14/01/10 10:46 PM)
Edit Reason: made a BIG mistake. "