• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Privacy on the Hide?

Rothbard73

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2007
Rockton, IL
This post is for members on here as well as possibly the moderators. I did a search on a new website that I heard of and found numerous pics and links to for sale ads here on the hide. Being concerned about my privacy, I was a little worried when pictures and links to gun sales that I had on here popped up. Its kind of crazy how much you can find out about someone on the web. My guess is that The Hide can control who has access to my user info or their website? You can block your info on the site though. If any of you are interested the site is Spokeo.com and where you can block others from info about you is here http://www.spokeo.com/privacy
I believe that by using my email address openly in the posts is how they got my info. Thanks.

Re: Privacy on the Hide?

Whatever, it is a public board, if you list a public email address it is visible.

Plenty of sites search this one... if you want private log off the internet.

Re: Privacy on the Hide?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nietzsche73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This post is for members on here as well as possibly the moderators. I did a search on a new website that I heard of and found numerous pics and links to for sale ads here on the hide. Being concerned about my privacy, I was a little worried when pictures and links to gun sales that I had on here popped up. Its kind of crazy how much you can find out about someone on the web. My guess is that The Hide can control who has access to my user info or their website? You can block your info on the site though. If any of you are interested the site is Spokeo.com and where you can block others from info about you is here http://www.spokeo.com/privacy
I believe that by using my email address openly in the posts is how they got my info. Thanks.</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nietzsche73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This post is for members on here as well as possibly the moderators. I did a search on a new website that I heard of and found numerous pics and links to for sale ads here on the hide. Being concerned about my privacy, I was a little worried when pictures and links to gun sales that I had on here popped up. Its kind of crazy how much you can find out about someone on the web. My guess is that The Hide can control who has access to my user info or their website? You can block your info on the site though. If any of you are interested the site is Spokeo.com and where you can block others from info about you is here http://www.spokeo.com/privacy
I believe that by using my email address openly in the posts is how they got my info. Thanks.</div></div>

You will find that spokeo.com will remove your info initially, then replace it within 2 weeks.