• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Private Jet Crashed in VA after Fighter Jets Scrambled, Interesting Owner

UKDslayer

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 29, 2005
    Texas
    So apparently a Cessna Citation deviated from flight plan and fighter jets scrambled. Plane crashed in rural Staunton VA. No info. on occupants but owner on board of NRA and was on Trump's 2A Coalition.

Public government records say the aircraft was owned by Encore Motors of Melbourne, which company records say Barbara Rumpel is president of. It is not known who was on the aircraft at the time, however.
    A woman by the same name is also on the NRA board of directors for 2023 and served on Donald Trump’s 2nd Amendment Coalition – but it has not been confirmed they are the same person.

Last edited:
    Pilot passed out. Loss of cabin pressure (leak?) or recent booster?

1685929793229.jpeg

• Sad
    Reactions: eightyeight mag
    Unresponsive private jet.
    Malfunctioning plane?
    Malfunctioning pilot?
    Sonic boom from military jet chasing it?

Former 500-series Citation driver here....there have been some pressurization issues on various 560s before but on the whole with thousands of airframes flying millions of hours over the last four decades or so the aircraft and its pressurization system are quite reliable, and the plane had flown a 95 minute flight at altitude earlier Sunday. Could be a slow depress leading to hypoxia of all occupants like Payne Stewart, or perhaps a pilot incapacitation where passengers weren't aware. The CVR should tell the tale, wouldn't be surprised if that plane did not have a FDR.

When you run out of fuel, one engine flames out then the other, the aircraft slows then stalls (with the autopilot disconnecting somewhere along the way), and it comes out of altitude rather quickly. The plane flew a constant heading/altitude southwesterly (likely ALT/HDG mode) after passing over KISP from CCC VOR and a rapid descent happened when the plane was just southwest of Charlottesville, going in not far from I-64.

The owner was not onboard.

Screenshot_20230604-181333.jpg

Former 500-series Citation driver here....there have been some pressurization issues on various 560s before but on the whole with thousands of airframes flying millions of hours over the last four decades or so the aircraft and its pressurization system are quite reliable, and the plane had flown a 95 minute flight at altitude earlier Sunday. Could be a slow depress leading to hypoxia of all occupants like Payne Stewart, or perhaps a pilot incapacitation where passengers weren't aware. The CVR should tell the tale, wouldn't be surprised if that plane did not have a FDR.

When you run out of fuel, one engine flames out then the other, the aircraft slows then stalls (with the autopilot disconnecting somewhere along the way), and it comes out of altitude rather quickly. The plane flew a constant heading/altitude southwesterly (likely ALT/HDG mode) after passing over KISP from CCC VOR and a rapid descent happened when the plane was just southwest of Charlottesville, going in not far from I-64.

The owner was not onboard.

View attachment 8155897

Damn, that’s rough. ☹️ What an awful way to find out you just lost everything that matters to you (your entire family).

“Hey, do you own this plane that just crashed?”

“Uh… yeah…”

Last edited:
    • Sad
    Reactions: Maggot
    From what the news said this morning, it flew to where it was to land, made a "U" turn and headed back. I don't remember if it flew over DC on the way there or the way back. The sonic boom was caused by the F-16. The news said the same thing about the people on the plane. My wife's first question was, what do we know about the nanny?

Back when I flew, nothing as fancy as @BoilerUP I flew a Cherokee 140, basically he flew a corvette and I flew a chevette. There are places you can and can't go. I quit flying a little after 911, as little airplane insurance just went insane. Back then you could fly a bunch more places then you can now. I flew over Chief's games, races at the speedway, and over Wolf Creek, all of this was just fine. We would fly down to the state fair every year and leaving to come back north you would fly over Whiteman. You would have to call and ask permission to transition. They would say sure, and nothing would be on the ground. Only once did they say no and told me to go, north south don't remember.

I do miss flying.

I was expecting to see one name.

SOROS.

I was expecting to see one name.

SOROS.
    Maybe I wasnt far off.

Both Barbara and her husband, prominent business people in Florida, have donated to a medley of Republican candidates for federal office over the past few years, including hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations to former President Donald Trump and his political organization, according to Federal Election Commission records viewed by The Daily Beast.

The couple donated a combined $250,000 to the Trump Victory PAC in 2020 alone. Then, just two years later, Barbara made a number of donations to controversial candidates, including $2,900 to Georgia Senate hopeful Herschel Walker and $500 to Florida congressional candidate Laura Loomer, a far-right influencer known for making anti-Muslim statements.

Barbara also has direct ties to the Trump Administration. She was listed as a co-chair for a firearm-rights campaign organization supporting the former president’s 2016 run, called the “Second Amendment Coalition for Trump-Pence.”

A longtime National Rifle Committee member, Barbara has been on the NRA’s Women’s Leadership Council since 2002 and spent more than six years as an executive committee member, according to her LinkedIn profile.

The couple committed their commercial real estate portfolio to a trust benefitting the organization, according to a statement they published on the NRA website.

“We want to leave a legacy that will help preserve this country as we know it and as it is meant to be,” Barbara wrote at the time.

Who can explain the coordinated 180 degree turn?

The flight plan was SARDI -> CCC VOR -> KISP. You can see the predictive turn before CCC toward KISP. The plane overflew KISP, which was likely the last fix in its flight plan, and typically autoflight systems that encounter a 'discontunity' simply maintain altitude and heading after passing the last flight plan fix as a default.

1685982884578.png

Reactions: JR_77