• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Privi 175gr .308 Match Vs FGMM 175gr .308 Match

Shamrock06

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2020
I purchased a Remington 700 AAC-SD in .308 with a 20 inch barrel recently. I put Leupold Back Country 20 moa rail and a Leupold 4.5-14x50 scope on it.

First time out I brought the ammo I had, nothing match grade, but 150 gr ammo that did well enough in a Steyr SBS I used to own. It was a disaster, the twist rate was too fast (I think) so I went looking for 175gr.

Found a 'good deal' on Privi match 175.

Next time out at 100yds( got to qualify at 100 before i can push a rifle further, range rules) the best i could get was a 2 inch group.
Trigger was heavy at 5.5 lbs Fixed that and got it down to 3, confirmed drop safe.

Next range trip which was Tuesday, the Privi was still killing me. I had purchased a box of FGMM 175, So I had my buddy, a long time member here shoot it.

3 round group at 100 with FGMM was .73

My best 3 round group at 100 with FGMM was .92

Thats what I get for trying to save a few dollars. There is a reason its half the price of FGMM, its about half as accurate too.

Cant wait to get this rifle out to 400 and get some DOPE on it. Just need a good source for the ammo.

Anyone have similar experience with the Privi ammo ?

I’ve never had a 308 that couldn’t shoot 175 FGMM. From 1:12 twist to 1:8 twist.

AI AE MK III 20” < 0.75 moa
R700 SPS < 1 moa
KAC SR25 EMC 16” < 0.75 moa
DTA Covert Gen II 16” <0.50 moa

Reactions: Shamrock06
Also I'd be looking into maybe getting a decent trigger. Those factory Remington one are garbage. Timney, Trigger Tech, Bix n Andy... it will certainly help.

Agreed. I was very disappointed with the factory trigger. Its much better now but may end up being replaced, we'll see.

I purchased a Remington 700 AAC-SD in .308 with a 20 inch barrel recently. I put Leupold Back Country 20 moa rail and a Leupold 4.5-14x50 scope on it.

First time out I brought the ammo I had, nothing match grade, but 150 gr ammo that did well enough in a Steyr SBS I used to own. It was a disaster, the twist rate was too fast (I think) so I went looking for 175gr.

Found a 'good deal' on Privi match 175.

Next time out at 100yds( got to qualify at 100 before i can push a rifle further, range rules) the best i could get was a 2 inch group.
Trigger was heavy at 5.5 lbs Fixed that and got it down to 3, confirmed drop safe.

Next range trip which was Tuesday, the Privi was still killing me. I had purchased a box of FGMM 175, So I had my buddy, a long time member here shoot it.

3 round group at 100 with FGMM was .73

My best 3 round group at 100 with FGMM was .92

Thats what I get for trying to save a few dollars. There is a reason its half the price of FGMM, its about half as accurate too.

Cant wait to get this rifle out to 400 and get some DOPE on it. Just need a good source for the ammo.

Anyone have similar experience with the Privi ammo ?

Yes, I've had previous experience with privi factory match loads maybe 1- moa ammo. But most people don't know their reloading brass is pretty damn good. I've been using it for years if Lapua is not available or doesn't make it.

Reactions: Shamrock06
hmm, if you mean PPU or Prvi Partizan, i have never bought their match ammo. the cheap M80 ball works great for the price.

I’ve been using 175 GMMK in my R700P in last 2 matches and rifle seems to like it. Definitely better than the guy pressing the trigger 😁. Just had barrel threaded and break timed. So definitely eager for next match.