• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Problem McMillan A5 Stock on Savage Rifle

Snipers

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2009
I took my rifle apart today because I thought the accuracy had diminished (but still pretty good). I noticed that the rear screw hole was cracked right down the middle of the rifle from the magazine well back to the trigger area and it’s all the way through. I guess I had over tightened the rear screw without knowing it.

Is this repairable with glass bedding compound? If it were the front screw I know the stock would be “cooked”, but I’m not sure about the rear area being repairable.

Re: Problem McMillan A5 Stock on Savage Rifle

Ummm, I think this is why people pillar bed...

Why not call McMillan and see what they say. From talking to them on the phone, the were very helpful and accommodating.

I did this on a B&C. It makes you feel like an idiot don't it. I'm sending you a pm.

Not accepting pm's. I sent you an email.

I did the same thing on a McMillan Edge rifle stock.......Marine Tex to the rescue.

I would recommend that you let us repair it. Send me a pm TCW when you get the chance.

This is one reason why I prefer Aluminum bedding block stocks.

GC