• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Problem mounting Trijicon MS01 -- SOLVED

One-Eyed Jack

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2004
Minden, NV
I just bought a Trijicon MS01 (same as Docter red dot) and MS16 winged mount for my TA31RCO to make a TA31RCO-DOC. I should be able to do this with my eyes closed, but the MS01/MS16 won't fit on either my TA31RCO or TA01NSN - it's a little too long and rubs against the elevation dust cover. And there is no way the red dot cover will fit since it sticks out even farther. I tried on on my TA01NSN and the same thing happens.

Has anyone run into this problem? The JPoint RD and probably the Trijicon MS03 are shorter and don't have this problem. A JPoint and mount fit my TA01NSN perfectly, but the MS01/MS16 is teaching me new cuss words.

Gonna call Trijicon tomorrow and see whether they have heard of this problem, but am hoping for some advice here.

Re: Problem mounting Trijicon MS01 on TA01 and TA31

I talked with Trijicon today and my problem is a common question. To properly mount the MS01/MS16 on an ACOG, the rear surface of the MS16 mounting ring must be flush with the lip of the ACOG eyepiece. Do this and it works great. Here's an image that Trijicon sent me - apparantly the mounting instructions were missing from my order.

ACOG-DOCmounted.jpg