• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Problem Solvers

DarnYankeeUSMC

McCarthy Was Right
Minuteman
  • Mar 18, 2012
    In your head
    For the low price of 4 million dollars they won't have to respond to any more calls about this guy. Sounds pretty cheap if it's not your money.
    IIRC, at the time of the incident. The police said that they stopped the civilians from attempting a rescue because they are not professionals and might cause a bigger problem. Cuz throwing a flotation device to a drowning man could be considered littering?

But, they can't stop others from helping.
    I vaguely remember another one of these types of ridiculous stories and the people got in trouble because they disobeyed orders. Or something to that effect

Junkie jumps it to river. Drowns. Its the Police fault? Man fuck these people.

My idiot brother was wasted in a row boat one time, he was taunting the cops on shore, " take off your bat belt and swim in after me". No police got wet that day, and he ended up in jail. Dumb ass.

Last edited:
    He drowned in less than 6 feet of water. Was he a midget? Why wouldn't he just walk out? I don't give a fuck what you throw at him, a life jacket, a life preserver, or a fucking boat, this douche wanted to die. You swim out and try to save him, he will drown you too.

I'm not this dicks lifeguard or babysitter. Fuck em

I'm sorry I forgot he was a hard working mater arborist. I take back everything I said. The world is a lesser place without him.

In which case they should be held INDIVIDUALLY responsible for the man's death because they actively prevented the saving of his life by being thugs who were happy to use guns and force and brutality against anyone that tried to do what they were too much of a coward to do.

Reminds me of some police officers in a school shooting recently...

Nothing will change until folks start getting justice on the streets against the specific evil uniform hangers as pretty much everybody has seen how impossible it is to get justice in the courts.

Even though this particular case was a junkie who drowned, it is prudent to take note that if you come upon an emergency, like that house fire in Indiana last year, and if you ARE in a position to rescue innocents, just do it. Because when first responders show up, they might not go in, opting to follow some training or book rules, and it would be too late by then.

If someone I care about, or obviously children and innocent victims are trapped in a fire, cave-in, whatever and there is still time to make a difference, I am going in. Everything yelled at me by whoever in that kind of situation, goes right to voicemail. I am not gonna hear any "orders" because I really might not hear anything except the task at hand.

"Did you hear us ordering you not to go in?"

- "Nope. Ain't heard nothing. Doing what is right is more important than getting distracted by yap yap yap."

"Sir do you know that what you did will get you in trouble?"

- "I don't care".

Simple as that.

Reactions: AllenOne1
    Maybe it’s not a good idea to try to rescue a mentally ill tweaker drowning in a river because he’s likely to drown you and himself.

Reactions: JimTN
    I vaguely remember another one of these types of ridiculous stories and the people got in trouble because they disobeyed orders. Or something to that effect
    Thinking Uvalde.

Reactions: W54/XM-388