• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Problem with adjustment range PM2 3-20x50

Sako TRG-22

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
Norway
Why can't I get two full revolutions on the elevation turret on my new 3-20 scope. It stops at the 17.2 mil mark, and won't go further down than 0.3 mil below the zero mark on the turret. It seems to lack 8.8 mil elevation in either direction. Can't zero the scope using a 20 MOA base on a PGM 338lm, it still shoots 4.4mil too high. My other PM2 3-12 double-turn can be zeroed on the same rifle.

Might just be an adjustment issue - need some advice

Re: Problem with adjustment range PM2 3-20x50

Try disengaging the turret, moving it back past zero (atleast 5 mils past), and then re-engaging. The 3-20 has a zero stop builtin, however you have much more adjustment below the zero stop (as well as past the last mil mark on the high end).

Think about the turret as a sprinkler. The zero stop would be the part of the sprinkler that tells it where to water. You still have adjustment on either side you just need to tell it where it's boundarys are.

The dealer you bought it from should know how to use it. If all else fails call them
smile.gif

Ok thank you, but how to disengage the turret? It's alot different than the older turrets, and I'm not supposed to take the turret complete off - there is a sealed set screw that hold the turret in place. The two other set screws are supposed to disengage for re-zero the scope after adjustments are made. When I loosen these the turret will still not go below .3mil form zero mark!

If you are 4.4 mil high, lock the knob by pushing down on the number scale and loosen the set screws with knob on zero. Dial the knob to 4.4 and lock your knob. While pressing down on the top of the knob tighten the two set screws and you should be good to go when you dial back down to zero. The third screw with the plug is meant to keep you from removing the knob. Do not remove the knob for any reason.

Also, if you need more adjustment you are going to need to mount it on a 30 moa base and that should give you about 3 more mil.

Thank you that solved the problem! Will probably go for a 45 MOA rail. Its a 338 Lapua magnum. By far the best scope from S&B.

Best regards

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sako TRG-22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you that solved the problem! Will probably go for a 45 MOA rail. Its a 338 Lapua magnum. By far the best scope from S&B.

Best regards </div></div>
Now that you've decided to mount your PMII 3-20X[50mm] at the the proper cant for it's Elevation Travel range, you should consider a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">SPUHR Mount</span></span>. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Forwardeyes</span></span> is selling an ST4801 (One-piece TRG 22/42 44.4 MOA Mount) for $385.00 shipped in his <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Sako Trg Spuhr Mount 44 moa 34mm ST4801"</span></span> thread.

Keith

Yes I,m well aware of the Spuhr, it's manufactured in Sweden. Don't need the Sako mount - the scope is mounted on a French PGM, and they offer a 50MOA rail for it, or a one-piece mount with canted base.