• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Problem with Arken Optics USA

Capt45

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2020
Kansas
So on the 23rd of Nov. I placed my order for a Arken rifle scope from Arken Optics USA. Promptly got my Card used by Arken and a couple of days later I was notified that the Scope had shipped and I was given the tracking #. On the 28th I checked the tracking # and say that ONLY a label was printed. Checked each day up to today and still shows that only a label has been printed.
Customer service is virtually non existant but I finally got a message that the order had been shipped.
So today I check and the tracking # now is a invalid #.
I ordered rings and bubble level after I ordered the Scope (a couple of days later) and received the rings and level today.
I was planning on shooting with the new scope in a match on Monday with my brother, but the Osprey scope will have to be put back into service for that.
Really pisses me off when a retailer bills my CC before a product ships.

That’s common with them. It is frustrating. Usually the scope shows up within a day or two of saying shipped. I can remember it saying the label was created and that’s all the update you ever got until the scope gets delivered. For the EP5 a year or so ago it only took a week. I have no idea now.

Both my EP5 were the same. Very slow shipping on their end. I am however pleased with my EP5’s. Running them on my .22’s

I would get on the Arken optics page on Facebook. I believe there’s a rep on there that’s pretty active in all the comments.

So on the 23rd of Nov. I placed my order for a Arken rifle scope from Arken Optics USA. Promptly got my Card used by Arken and a couple of days later I was notified that the Scope had shipped and I was given the tracking #. On the 28th I checked the tracking # and say that ONLY a label was printed. Checked each day up to today and still shows that only a label has been printed.
Customer service is virtually non existant but I finally got a message that the order had been shipped.
I ordered rings and bubble level after I ordered the Scope (a couple of days later) and received the rings and level today.
I was planning on shooting with the new scope in a match on Monday with my brother, but the Osprey scope will have to be put back into service for that.
Your scope may still be at the mothership in China.

From what I heard they are backordered on everything.

A little email reply to say they are backed up in shipping would go a long way. But; charging my CC and not shipping is almost illegal. Most places state they won't charge your card UNTIL the order ships.

A little email reply to say they are backed up in shipping would go a long way. But; charging my CC and not shipping is almost illegal. Most places state they won't charge your card UNTIL the order ships.
It’s not uncommon.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
It’s not backed up. That’s their normal time it seems from my and others experience

Not by the companies I'm accustomed to buying from. Arken WON'T be my first choice anymore. I have other Arken products including scopes but I bought them through Optics Planet.

You'll get your stuff.

This is another clear case of Amazon Syndrome.
My thoughts exactly...

It's only been 4 days bro... Chill the fuck out, you'll get your shit. It's probably halfway to his house, or shows up Monday. It's most likely the shipping company that hasn't scanned it in their system at every stop it makes along the way. All the Arkens I bought were like that. Half the time it showed up in 2-3 days after purchase, before the shipping ever even caught up.

Most if not all have missed the salient point here; The provided tracking # has now become an invalid tracking #.
I'm asking for a full refund since obviously the Scope never was shipped.
That's the way I'm going to handle it.
I've never been seduced via the 'ole dirt road', but this seems like a close second.

Most if not all have missed the salient point here; The provided tracking # has now become an invalid tracking #.
I've never been seduced via the 'ole dirt road', but this seems like a close second.
You use the word “obvious” without anything being obvious to anyone except you apparently. That’s usually a clue.
There are multiple people, including myself, trying to explain to your impatient ass that this is how Arken works. “Shipping label created” then crickets then poof, a scope is delivered. There are no tracking updates….like everyone has said.

You use the word “obvious” without anything being obvious to anyone except you apparently. That’s usually a clue.
There are multiple people, including myself, trying to explain to your impatient ass that this is how Arken works. “Shipping label created” then crickets then poof, a scope is delivered. There are no tracking updates….like everyone has said.
I feel like "no tracking updates," and the tracking number becoming invalid are two different things. Granted either way i am not going to shit my pants of something doesn't show up promptly between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Also granted I only popped in here to throw shade and shame people who buy Arkan.

1701606897198.png
1701607259801.png

Last edited:
1701609238457.gif

#karenshriekintensifies

My question is why order directly from Arken themselves when it is known shipping times or communication concerning shipping progress is apparently non existent when now there are multiple reputable main stream on line optic dealers that are selling Arken optics and you still get the same 25% discount but better customer service and communication?

Thank everyone for their cogent remarks. I've learned my lesson, no more Arken for me. I've gone back to Vortex; gotten treated better there and the glass is as good if not better.

No it is not illegal. You agree their terms when you click the last button.

You purchased a low end scope that is high on demand, during the Black Friday season, at the lowest price and their busiest time. Now you are pissed off.

Their lack of response, and inaccurate shipping techniques have no place in today’s entitled, Amazon educated consumer.

For the rest of the readers; this is what you usually get at this price of entry for an inexpensive “wonder scope”.

Having said that; regardless how busy life is, protection of hard earned money is important. I always call to check availability, talk to a person before ordering anything nowadays. If they don’t answer after 3rd attempt, i move on. However nowadays most of my shooting supplies are narrowed down to a few places with good track record.

I also pay for expedited shipping especially holidays.

Everything I've ever bought online gets the card charged, then the label created, then it gets picked up, which is sometimes days after the label is created. If I can't confirm it's in stock, I'll buy from someplace I can. And lately, there has been delays in tracking info from every carrier I've used. USPS is particularly bad...I've had stuff showing label created until it lands on my doorstep. If you're really concerned about the "number invalid", have you tried contacting customer service about it?
This is part of buying inline these days...if you can't deal with it, go to the local gun store.

I fail to understand the fascination with this heavy chi-com garbage in the first place. I guess I don't watch enough youtube.
You would be surprised at the amount of people that are putting these scopes such as the Arken ep5 on .22lr nrl types of guns or those that are just having fun shooting off of a bench at usually 150 yards or less.

My understanding on the EP5 if you limit the magnification level to around 18 or so it really is pretty decent for its price and at ranges most are shooting .22lr at then it works well at a really low cost point

There is a place in the market that these budget optics work very well and are an affordable option for those that are not top tier competitors and/or do not have deep enough pockets to afford paying $1000+ for an optic.

I personally do not own an Arken scope but have considered them on multiple occasions for the above mentioned reasons.

But I do not compete, generally am shooting at set known distances and am old and retired so my eyes are not what they were 50 years ago so I tend to stay more with a SFP optic and have found recently my budget pick that suites my needs well is the SFP Vortex Strike Eagles in both a 3-18 and 6-24 at an under $300 price point.

There is a place where the cheaper optics do just fine and the optics in these price points due to economics are built in China.

• Wow
Reactions: Capt45
Everything I've ever bought online gets the card charged, then the label created, then it gets picked up, which is sometimes days after the label is created. If I can't confirm it's in stock, I'll buy from someplace I can. And lately, there has been delays in tracking info from every carrier I've used. USPS is particularly bad...I've had stuff showing label created until it lands on my doorstep. If you're really concerned about the "number invalid", have you tried contacting customer service about it?
This is part of buying inline these days...if you can't deal with it, go to the local gun store.
Ah; what customer service?

We are an authorized Arken Dealer and long time supporting vendor here. Obviously we prefer you purchase through us, however, as we have stated many times over the years "If you have an issue with any brand we handle please feel free to reach out to us and we will try our best to assist you". Please feel free to call or PM me with the details of your order with Arken and I'll reach out to them and see what's going on for you.

so you order a cheap scope in high demand during the holidays and crying about shipping times? Relax your fucking ass. Call your damn credit card company charge it back, or wait. Simple as that. Put your osprey back on and go shoot your match tomorrow. Dont drown yourself in a cup of water FFS.

We are an authorized Arken Dealer and long time supporting vendor here. Obviously we prefer you purchase through us, however, as we have stated many times over the years "If you have an issue with any brand we handle please feel free to reach out to us and we will try our best to assist you". Please feel free to call or PM me with the details of your order with Arken and I'll reach out to them and see what's going on for you.
Thank you for your reply; however I have switched to Vortex and at least cancelled on my end.

Reactions: BiggBeans
The above is exactly why earlier in this thread I as why anyone would order directly from Arken when you have dealers like this available to order from!

I have in the past ordered from them and although I never need to have contact or deal with their CS the transaction was smooth and sthe arrival of my order was only a few days.

Actually my local Postmaster ran a check of the tracking # and verified that indeed the package hadn't been shipped. That's as of Friday.

Reactions: BCP
Pretty much everyone’s automated systems will send a false “item shipped” email when the shipping label is printed. It’s never true. That’s just somebody in the shipping department trying to stay ahead.

Sometimes it takes a full week before the item is on a truck and headed to the customer.

• Sad
Reactions: BCP and Capt45
Is this really what the Hide has come to? Karen whining about a trash ass chicom scope ordered during black friday?
For when you absolutely positively want to add 3 lbs to your rifle.

Reactions: BCP
Actually my local Postmaster ran a check of the tracking # and verified that indeed the package hadn't been shipped. That's as of Friday.
Okay and where in any of this did you talk to anyone at Arken before going on an internet rant and being a total Karen?

Reactions: FuhQ
Okay and where in any of this did you talk to anyone at Arken before going on an internet rant and being a total Karen?
You know, if you don't have the facts, you shouldn't let your mouth overload your ass. Fact is I contacted Arken no less than 3 times. Arken responded by email pretty much saying it's been shipped, which it still hasn't as verified by my local Postmaster. Want to call both of us liars, refer to line one.

You know, if you don't have the facts, you shouldn't let your mouth overload your ass. Fact is I contacted Arken no less than 3 times. Arken responded by email pretty much saying it's been shipped, which it still hasn't as verified by my local Postmaster. Want to call both of us liars, refer to line one.
Okay boomer. Obviously patience isn’t in your wheelhouse so instead of letting the slow shipping company do its thing you fly off the handle and go super Karen. Got it.

• Haha
Reactions: hkguns and FuhQ