• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns problem with detonics combatmaster 45acp

budiceale

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2010
new braunfels, tx
howdy folks. i'm having a problem with my detonics combatmaster 45acp. it came with 3 mags and all of them fall out when the gun is fired. maybe on the first shot or maybe not until the second or third shot...but they all 3 fall out...every time! i took the mag release apart and cleaned all the pieces including the frame, lubed them with rem oil and it didn't help. i can't get them too fall out by just moving them around by hand , only when the gun is fired. when the release is pressed, they drop out like normal. is this a common problem? can it be cured with some new mags and who makes the best ones? thanks

Re: problem with detonics combatmaster 45acp

What's the spring look like?

the spring looks good to me. the mag release seems fairly stiff(my idea of normal) if i can figure a place to get one i'll replace it and see if that works. anyone know where i can get a new mag release spring?

you can get spring from brownells
hate to ask but try shooting just righthanded
(make sure your not hitting mag release under recoil)
2nd try different manufacture of mags
wilson or mcormic (cant spell)

Try to alter your grip, or have someone else fire it. I have seen too many people hit that mag release under recoil. I'd guess it has an extended mag release. JPG