• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Problem With My Accu-Trigger ???

HugoStiglitz

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
PHX AZ
Have a Savage FPLE2. It has the Factory Choate stock and the Bolt Release on the side of the Receiver. I have it adjusted to it's lowest setting, and the character of it is quite nice there. A few nights ago, I had it out on the counter and was very surprised to find that if the trigger was pushed sideways from the right side, it would fire every time. The "Lawyer Lever" is intact and was not being touched for this to happen. The mechanics are totally untouched, and as they left the factory. I was thinking of re-adjusting it for a slightly higher pull weight to see if this would help. Anyone here ever try the same test, or have suggestions.

I will NOT send my rifle clear across the country to have some @#$%& have an issue with my threaded barrel or some other corporate BS (as well as lose posession of it for ???). I'm SO glad I found this out as it would be quite easy to have this happen just by putting your finger in the Trigger Guard and hitting the trigger. Sounds like an issue Savge should address to MY liking before ???

Re: Problem With My Accu-Trigger ???

I think what you are hearing is the sear block snapping to block the trigger NOT the firing pin. Try it again and see if the "AccuRelease" lever is shifting up just slightly while still protruding from the trigger the normal amount. Then try a noraml dry fire and see the position, the lever should move back into the trigger and stay there. You may get the same effect by slamming the bolt down against the action after the bolt is racked forward (slamming the round foward won't usually do it )

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tch2fly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think what you are hearing is the sear block snapping to block the trigger NOT the firing pin. Try it again and see if the "AccuRelease" lever is shifting up just slightly while still protruding from the trigger the normal amount. Then try a noraml dry fire and see the position, the lever should move back into the trigger and stay there. You may get the same effect by slamming the bolt down against the action after the bolt is racked forward (slamming the round foward won't usually do it )</div></div>
This is exactly what is happening.....and it's doing what it's supposed to.Try raising the spring pressure a bit so it's not as finicky.

Thanks a lot for your input. It IS doing just what you both said. I feel better knowing it's working as intended. Thanks again for the input.