• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes problem with new base and rings

jamesZ71

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2009
Sarasota,FL
just got my new egw 20moa base and burris extreme rings,mounted them on my savage 10 and the are not lining up right,bore sighted my rifle and the rings are twisting the scope off to the right.so what im wanting to know is there some thing wrong with the rings or base,or am i doing something wrong

Re: problem with new base and rings

have you made sure that your screw holes for the base were lined up right? Did you torqe the nuts on the rings to the required amount? If its setup right then you won't have a problem unless the mount or rings are defective.

Re: problem with new base and rings

Can't really troubleshoot with that limited of info.
Are you saying that you replaced a base and rings that the scope was zero'd for and now with the better rings and base you had to correct with left windage? If so, have you considered that the setup that got replaced may have been tweaked to the left??