• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Problem with new NF

HOG0317

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I've had my NF 3.5-15x50 F1 MLR2 for about a month now, and just realized something that either wasn't there when I bought it or I just overlooked until now. From 3.5 to about 5 power, you can see a whiteish blob at the 6 o'clock position. Anybody know if this is fixable on my end (hit it on a phonebook) or should I just send it back to NF? I don't really shoot at 3.5-5 a whole lot, but I spent $2,290 on the damn thing, it shouldn't be there.

Here's some pics, sorry they suck, I'm not a very good photographer haha...

This is at 3.5x
2uf4t1y.jpg

This is at about 4x
kb206c.jpg

Re: Problem with new NF

Are you sure it's not the tip of your barrel? No joke, I've seen it happen on some setups when the lower powers are used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charlie Papa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that possibly your barrel? </div></div>

Gotta be....

Oh and feel free to make fun of the banner hanging up on the wall, I have that one, an Asian and Pacific Islander awareness month one, and a Raza and Native American heritage month one. It's sort of an inside joke with my roommate and I because we're both white as fuck. :p

Holy fuck I'm retarded sometimes. Thanks guys, chalk one up on the "no shit you fuckin retard" wall. Good Lord....

Hmm, since my barrel is black I never noticed it on my F1! I'll have to try it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charlie Papa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that possibly your barrel? </div></div>

Gotta be.... </div></div>

+1 on this one.

Yep, looks like your barrel, sould not worry about it, or painting your barrel will at least change the color.

Yes sir, it's a 5R Milspec. It's actually coated the same color as the tang area, but looking through the scope makes it look really light for some reason. I guess that's why I didn't realize it was the barrel. I'm retarded haha.

Just have the last six inches of the barrel cut off. That should get it out of there.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just have the last six inches of the barrel cut off. That should get it out of there.
smile.gif
</div></div>

hahahahahahahahaa
cry.gif
perfect fix!!!

My friend sent his dms scope back to millet to fix "defect" in the image at one power, the folks at Millet could not find anything wrong with the first scope so they gave him a new scope to replace his "damaged " scope. Needless to say the new one had the same half round black image in the bottom field of view at low power!!! We can laugh about it now!

Its California ... you are allowed to have a rifle as long as the firing mechanism of the bolt is welded shut or removed. Or the other choice is to have a bolt but then the barrel has to be welded shut.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you also appear to be missing parts on the bolt....??..?? </div></div>

I assure you the shroud is there, it's just hiding in the shadows :p

This is the best thread I've ever read.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOG0317</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy fuck I'm retarded sometimes. Thanks guys, chalk one up on the "no shit you fuckin retard" wall. Good Lord.... </div></div>
LMFAO... well about a week ago i had an NXS that had an f-ed up windage turret!!!

Guess that's the advantage to only having a 15" barrel, we don't see strange things looking back at us in our scopes.

Topstrap

OK..... I am out on a limb here, but... as you are a nice guy and all, I will give you $800 for the defective scope and you can keep your rings for the good one you replace it with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you also appear to be missing parts on the bolt....??..?? </div></div>

Or the firing pin was released, thus the cocking piece is down in the shroud
wink.gif