• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Problem with Timney drop-in?

patsim

Son of Liberty
Minuteman
May 2, 2010
Southern Indiana
I've got a Timney skeletonized drop-in unit in a Colt match lower, and when firing 55gr AE fmj's I had several (maybe 8 outta 100)instances of the trigger not completely resetting. After manually re-charging the bolt, the trigger would reset. After a few times I discovered that when the trigger "stuck", I could flick it forward with my trigger finger and it was GTG.

Later, when firing Prvi 69gr and some 77gr handloads, I had no problems. I wish I had fired more 55gr afterward to see if it was just a coincidence, but...

Any ideas?

Re: Problem with Timney drop-in?

buddy had the same problem with his timney ar trigger.....and yes it was repeatable with 55 after we shot some heavyer stuff.....he mad an adjustment in the pull weight and it went away but then it would go full auto......he called timney and they sent him a new trigger....

That is the exact same thing I went thru, I thought I had a cz set trigger! it also let off a burst when it wanted but it got fixed! I want to put a timney on my 308 AR but dont want to go thru this again.....

Thanks for the replies. I haven't had any slam fires or bursts with it, just seems like the shoe is sticking. I guess a phone call to Timney is in order. It's pretty nice here today, so I may go put a few rounds through it and see if the problem persists.

Contact timney... I had some light hammer strikes with surplus ammo and I contacted them. They said they would change the spring for me. I sent the trigger in on a Monday and by Friday I received a new one! Never had any problems since. They provide great service!