• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Problem With USO SN 3

HugoStiglitz

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
PHX AZ
Having A problem with the Ocular Lens Ring unscrewing when I crank on the knurled ring to adjust the diopter setting. It's never unscrewed totally, or more than a full turn or so. I can't seem to tighten it enough with just hand force (don't really want to use any tools to scratch it). The snuggness of the fit while extending the diopter adjuster seems to be the issue.

Do I now have a sealing issue? Could I unscrew it a few turns and put some Blue LocTite in the interface? Hate to dis-mount it for a who knows how long a trip out of my posession to send to the factory. Any input appreciated.

Re: Problem With USO SN 3

What about USO's reputation makes you think that this wont be resolved with a phone call?

seems like they did not use loctite on it, if you can keep this clean. All that's needed is some loctite, you can send your scope back to USO or just unscrew and apply some Red Loctite and you'll be GTG.

Thanks for the input so far. OFIS, I don't doubt for a minute that USO would handle the problem, just don't want to send it off for Lord-knows how long so they could fix it. lazy 21, I was thinking similar, but Red seems a little extreme. I would probably call USO before using the Red, Blue not so much. Thanks again.

red is whats used to assemble the scopes, when you call. Talk to either Jason or Jeff.