• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Problem with Weaver Grand Slam 3-10 mil/mil

gixer6

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
I put this on my 10/22. At 100 yards the scope is great. But at 25 and even 50 yards, I cannot keep both the reticle and the target focused at the same time. My eye seems to flop back and forth on which one it focuses on, but never are both clear at the same time.

To my eye, things even appear to be wiggling as they focus and unfocus constantly. I have tried focusing it and can get the reticle clear but then the target is even blurrier. I have 20/20 vision and no astigmatism or anything. Can I fix this? If not I may be putting my cheap Mueller APV back on the .22. Thanks

Re: Problem with Weaver Grand Slam 3-10 mil/mil

The best you can do is don't mess with the reticle focus any more and stay at 3x for shots at 50 yards or less to have the largest DOF you can have.

Rimfire scopes have the parallax set at a shorter distance because of this and the scopes airgunners like most have a parallax adjustment that goes down to the closer ranges.

This is where this scope would need a side parallax adjustment. Unfortunetely it doesnt have one and is fixed.

It will work fine on 3-5 power at 25-50 yards.

John

Thanks guys, that's what I was afraid of. Think this will be better suited on a DMR/SPR type AR. Not really ideal for shooting groups with a .22.