• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Problem With Zero Adjustment Of Burris II 4-16X50 Elevation Turret

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    Would somebody please explain the correct procedure for adjusting the Elevation turret on the above scope. I just not understanding the way the manual says to adjust the elevation turret. Any help would be greatly appreciated' I have had Nightforce, Vortex and Bushnell Elite scopes among others and never had a problem comprehending the adjustment procedure. TIA

Last edited:
    Yes I mean the XRT II 4-16X50 scope with SCR reticle. The problem is the 2nd step in the manual. It says after loosening the turret cap screws pull up to the 2nd hash mark and adjust elevation 2-3 more clicks than need for elevation adjustment. But if the screws are loose the turret just moves without any change in the turret clicks. To me this doesn't make sense unless the turret cap screws were tightened first. I guess I'm missing something.That's why I'm asking for help getting the adjustment procedure done correctly.

I can't help you there. I've only looked through those scopes, and played with the turrets. Never actualy zeroed one.

The XTRII is a 4-20, not a 4-16.

If we are on the same scope the XTR II is one of the easiest zero stops out there.

Zero the rifle. Loosen the two allen head screws on the elevation turret, lift slightly, turn to zero, press down, and tighten the screws.

It will now hard stop dead at zero.

The XTRII is a 4-20, not a 4-16.

If we are on the same scope the XTR II is one of the easiest zero stops out there.

Zero the rifle. Loosen the two allen head screws on the elevation turret, lift slightly, turn to zero, press down, and tighten the screws.

It will now hard stop dead at zero.

Yup^ I had the XTR 1-5x and setting the Zero Stop is simple and it works great!

Yes I mean the XRT II 4-16X50 scope with SCR reticle. The problem is the 2nd step in the manual. It says after loosening the turret cap screws pull up to the 2nd hash mark and adjust elevation 2-3 more clicks than need for elevation adjustment. But if the screws are loose the turret just moves without any change in the turret clicks. To me this doesn't make sense unless the turret cap screws were tightened first. I guess I'm missing something.That's why I'm asking for help getting the adjustment procedure done correctly.

You missed the 3rd step, retighten the setscrews. These two steps are only needed if you need to adjust POI down from the factory setting.

If you are simply rezeroing the turret (I dialed in 1.5mils to zero), loosen it, pop it up, put it on zero, press it down, tighten the screws