• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Problems with a TC running Supressed

BIGBOY1975

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2008
Choupique,Louisiana
Pulled out the TC 35 whelen Had it cut down to 16" to run and 8" suppressor with the chrony shooting barnes 195 gr first shot without the Hybrid 2600 and some change, great put the hybrid on reduced it to 1100 and change what is going on with it?

Did you get key holing? You either got a major baffle strike or your chronograph is off. Even running wipes wouldn't drop that much speed.

No keyholing or baffle strikes that i can see the speed with it is consitenant i shot 3 at 100 accuracy wasnt bad but it was about a foot and a half low which would make sense with the speed drop

Could it be that i need to back up the chrony with a that forward blast maybee its messing up the reading, i shot it back and forth with my 308 dint have any problems with the speed on it.

That's possible. Try moving it around and see what you get. The can is causing the poi change. That's not enough of a velocity change for that kind of shift.