• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Problems with Kimber Solo.

Jaytrigger

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 6, 2011
Fort Gordon GA
Little background information. I bought this for my wife about 9-10 months ago. When I went on R and R leave from deployment we shot about 200 rounds of mixed ammo. (checking its reliability)
Here is the problem we have had with it.
The dang thing shoots about 2 feet low. I'm proficient with all my other pistols but this one just dumbfounds me.
I love the pistol for the size and its reliablity but I dont know why it shoots so dang low.

Any Ideas?

PS. Currently deployed but my wife is going on a surprise range trip while our dog is kenneled ( had a huge surgery and has to stay under vets watch for 3 days)

Any ideas of a fix/solution?

Re: Problems with Kimber Solo.

Did you ever get this figured out? Wondering cause I may pick one of these up after the new year.

just posted this. I've been looking into it but Im going to get serious about it since IL will have conceal carry. This will be my wifes conceal carry so i want it perfect.
This pistol ran JHP no problem. Didnt have a hiccup from any 115g 124gr or 147 gr bullets. Each grain was a mix of JHP Ball and round nose

Two feet???

Well first off, at what distance? And what group sizes are you getting? Nice palm size cluster or two feet in various directions?

But regardless, being two feet off within 8-15 yards is d@mn near impossible. I would bet money that the shooter/technique is to blame.

Your lower fingers are probably pulling the grip downwards trying to hold onto such a small frame. The DAO trigger doesn't help.

Start by shooting the gun off a rest (sandbags, coat, etc). Put the frame on your support and squeeze off the slowest trigger pull you can manage.

If available, have someone else who seems competent at the range give it a go. Depending on the range, that may or may not include the range officer.

try to double check for human error - shoot it from a sand bag or some kind of good support. If it still shoots like you said call Kimber

I thought it was just me as well. But I had my dad, father-in-law and brother-in-law shoot it. Same results.
While i was out there, I tried the "pull it as slow as possible" to make sure im not pulling the body down.

Im stumped.

Like it was mentioned, shoot it off a rest just to make sure before you monkey with it. If it is still two feet low, send it back to Kimber. Most of the reviews of the gun say they shoot high so your case is weird.