• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Procore Construction Software - any users?

duke308

Keeper of the List
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2008
Mid Atlantic Region
So, long story shortened. My Place of Employment is going to Procore, and they want me to use the Estimating module for takeoffs. I am familiar with the Project Mgt part, but from what I know so far, the Estimating software is sub par. Anybody doing Estimates with Procore?

I do use Procore for document management, but I have not used their estimating program. I think that what trade you are estimating for would have a huge impact on how good it is.

I happen to estimate Mechanical (Pipe & Duct) and Plumbing. I use Autobid Mechanical and Autobid Sheetmetal for estimating (I think it is now owned by Trimble now). Its a pretty well thought out system that is specific to the trades I estimate for.

for Architectural trades, Procore may work just fine. You can certainly pull dimensions to scale and find area measurements pretty easily. I do a lot of detailing for my field personnel with it. I'm actually doing that right now, or at least I should be (but I'm on the Hide instead, lol). I put the dimension lines on the Mechanical Plans to make it easier to set equipment for my guys, my foreman do not have to scale everything and spend a bunch of time in the field that I would rather use productively installing stuff.

I do use Procore for document management, but I have not used their estimating program. I think that what trade you are estimating for would have a huge impact on how good it is.

I happen to estimate Mechanical (Pipe & Duct) and Plumbing. I use Autobid Mechanical and Autobid Sheetmetal for estimating (I think it is now owned by Trimble now). Its a pretty well thought out system that is specific to the trades I estimate for.

for Architectural trades, Procore may work just fine. You can certainly pull dimensions to scale and find area measurements pretty easily. I do a lot of detailing for my field personnel with it. I'm actually doing that right now, or at least I should be (but I'm on the Hide instead, lol). I put the dimension lines on the Mechanical Plans to make it easier to set equipment for my guys, my foreman do not have to scale everything and spend a bunch of time in the field that I would rather use productively installing stuff.
I am doing, structural steel, misc metals, decking, light gauge framing, SSMR, IMPs, metal wall panels, and envelope.
I find that Procore doesn’t give me they flexibility that I get with OST or Bluebeam does. I use count feature that plots a rectangle that is the size of the item taken off - giving me a shop drawing overlayed on the contract drawing.
But I have been doing this for 37 years, and miss my paper drawings.

Reactions: 04JRB